Chapter 32

As the New Year approached, the county government also began to prepare new year's goods. Hu Rong was pregnant and couldn't do it, so Nanny Bai took care of it.

Gu Wenxuan prohibited Hu Rong from doing needlework work, because they had to call the doctor due her fetuses moving too much the last time she did embroidered work, and merely asked her to take care of her body.

Hu Rong now only needs to walk around the house to digest food after three meals, and almost spends the rest of the time lying on the bed to raise her babies.

It has been snowing for several days, the snow is white outside, and the house is warm as spring. Hu Rong put down the notebook in her hand, and she could vaguely see the snow outside through the screen window.

Strange to say, since she stopped doing embroidery, the fetal movement has been much less than before, and the two children in her belly are very good, only moving occasionally.

Now she has been more than eight months pregnant, and she is about to give birth. A delivery room has been set up in the house, and the room next door has been transformed into a child's room, where the two babies would sleep in future.

Right now, they are waiting for Hu Rong to give birth. The doctor said that she may give birth soon. Gu Wenxuan has already found a wet nurses for the children in advance. For the two children, a total of four wet nurses have been found, all of whom are women who have just given birth and lactating. There is plenty of milk. And the women who are used for birth have already come from the capital, and they are all experienced.

This day, Bai Momo entered the house after preparing the New Year's goods. She saw Hu Rong sitting on the soft bed, looking at her high and protruding abdomen with a gentle expression. She looked very healthy, and with a smile on her face, Nanny Bai immediately walked towards Hu Rong.

"Young Mistress, it's the New Year's Eve now, and the servants in the backyard will be rewarded each with a month's money, what do you think?"

"No problem."

"There is also the menu for the New Year's Eve dinner. Take a look. These meals are for the servants. There are six dishes and one soup. This is for you and the second young master. Eight meat and eight vegetables that come with two soups. Don't worry. It's just that there are many styles and not many components."

"Okay, it's been a really hard time for Mammy, not only to take care of me, but also to manage things in the backyard."

"This is what I should do. The most important thing now is your body and the children in your belly, young mistress. The doctor and the medical lady will come to check your pulse in a while."

After Bai Momo finished speaking, she put the list aside and helped Hu Rong to go to the bed.

Gu Wenxuan also came in at this time. Seeing his wife lying on the bed, he sat aside and held Hu Rong's hand to reassure her.

Hu Rong looked at Gu Wenxuan with a smile. Ever since she was pregnant, every time the doctor came for consultation, this man was there, which is great.

"The young lady is in good health, as long as she continues to walk around the room for half an hour after meals, the fetus in the womb is estimated to be out in less than half a day, and it may come out in three to five days," said the doctor. After finishing, he withdrew his hand that was feeling the pulse.

"Madam must pay special attention to her body these few days. If she feels unwell, she may be about to give birth. Someone must accompany her at all times."

"And it's best to prepare a few old ginseng," said the doctor as he stroked his beard.

Bai Momo carefully remembered that they happened to have a century-old ginseng here, and it was also brought by Gu Wenxuan's mother when Hu Rong was pregnant. At that time, because Hu Rong had severe morning sickness and couldn't eat anything, Bai Momo put it in the warehouse. Looks like it has to be taken out now.