Chapter 23

After Bai Momo arrived at the temple, she quickly knelt to pay respect and offered a large amount of incense money.

When going down the mountain, Gu Wenxuan was still carrying Hu Rong on his back. Hu Rong had a smile on her face, and her arms were tightly around Gu Wenxuan's neck, feeling happy in her heart.

It was already afternoon when Gu Wenxuan led Hu Rong to the temple on horseback, and Mother Bai requested the servant girl to wait at the entrance, and the servant girl promptly went up to meet them when she saw them approaching.

"Husband, let's go worship the Bodhisattva." Hu Rong looked at Gu Wenxuan and said.

Gu Wenxuan nodded, he is here, so he really wants to pay his respects.

Even in the afternoon, there was still an endless stream of people in the temple. After worshiping the Bodhisattva, the group went back.

When they arrived in the courtyard of Fucheng, Liu Xian sent someone to call Gu Wenxuan away because of something, and Hu Rong went in directly to read a book.

Mrs. Liu was sitting on the soft bed, flipping through a book, bored, glancing at her daughter on the side, finally nodded and agreed to her.

"It would be safer if I accompanied you to go shopping for jewelry with you." Mrs. Liu finally agreed to let her daughter go shopping.

After all, there is only one such youngster beneath her knees. She has been begging her for a long time, but she must accompany her to ensure her safety. Liu Yun'er was overjoyed when she saw her mother agree to let her go out.

"By the way, I'm going to invite the two county magistrates' wives and take them with us. When the time comes, bring more people and go over to have a look together. As for the remaining concubines, don't worry about them. Also, tell the shopkeeper that I want to take people for a stroll, and let him clean up the place." Mrs. Liu touched the jasper hairpin on her head, while ordering the nanny on the side.

"Yes."

"Okay, this is what your father told me before, for me treat these people well. You just pick what you like, and don't worry about anything else." Seeing her daughter feeling a little unhappy, Mrs. Liu comforted her.

Hearing from a maid that Mrs. Liu invited her over, Hu Rong was startled, and then she nodded in agreement. After all, Mrs. Liu is the magistrate's wife. Besides, they are still living in other people's homes, so they have to show face. She immediately started to change her clothes and tidy herself up.

Nanny Bai was getting old, and went down to rest not long after she came back. Hu Rong thought about it and brought a few bank notes, brought a maid and a nanny with her.

As soon as Hu Rong arrived, Yang Shi also came. When Mrs. Liu saw them coming, she was not polite, and directly said to take them out to buy jewelry and take a good stroll in this prefecture.

"It's just that I was abrupt. I hope I didn't inconvenient the two of you." After Mrs. Liu finished announcing her plans, she suddenly said this, but there was really no apology on her face.

"Madam, you are very polite. There is nothing inconvenient. It is our honor to have you take us there," Yang Shi said immediately.

"I've heard that this prefecture city is prosperous, so it's good to come here and have a look. Thank you, Madam," Hu Rong also spoke after Mrs. Yang finished speaking.

Mrs. Liu took a look at them, and thought that they were sensible, so she led the group of people out.

There are three carriages, and the first one is of course for Mrs. Liu and her daughter. Taking consideration of her husband's previous instructions, she arranged for Hu Rong to be in the second carriage. Yang Shi bit her lip unwillingly, but thinking of Mrs Liu's identity, she put away her thoughts and went to the third carriage.