Chapter 13

"Rong, you are my wife, and it is only natural to buy things for you," Gu Wenxuan said as soon as he entered the backyard of the county government office, holding Hu Rong's hand.

Seeing that his wife was not very happy on the journey, Gu Wenxuan quickly explained when he came back.

"I know, but this is too much. If we have children in the future, we should leave some for them." Hu Rong lowered her head when she said this.

"Don't worry, what is given to you now is for you, and what is given to the child in the future will belong to the child, there is no conflict at all." After the two entered the door, Gu Wenxuan said a little bit dumbfounded.

Gu Wenxuan had an idea and went over to the bookcase, opening a concealed compartment and taking out a wad of banknotes.

This was what he brought when he came to Songyang County, and it contained a hundred thousand taels of silver bills.

"Rong, this is my current possessions, and you should keep them well in the future. Since you despise being a prodigal, then you can take care of the house in the future." Gu Wenxuan put the box in front of Hu Rong's eyes.

Looking at the pile of bank notes inside, Hu Rong was stunned for a moment, and after realizing it, her face was in disbelief.

"Didn't I tell you that the family is doing business, and there are many farms and shops working for us. The things I bought for you are really nothing. When you return to the capital in the future, you will know everything." Gu Wenxuan stroked her face and said softly.

"Okay," after Hu Rong finished speaking, she got up and put the banknotes in the cabinet beside her.

At this time, when he heard someone knocking on the door outside, Gu Wenxuan thought of something and hurriedly let people in.

The two women brought dinner, six dishes and one soup. The aroma of the freshly prepared food was overwhelming, and Hu Rong couldn't help swallowing.

Gu Wenxuan chuckled, took Hu Rong's hand and walked over.

Steamed fish, roasted pork with tofu, eight-treasure chicken, stir-fried lotus root slices, fried mushrooms with green vegetables, cucumber mixed with black fungus, and corn rib soup. It's good, and it's also delicious in color and fragrance.

"Come on, lady, drink the soup first." Gu Wenxuan filled a bowl of soup and handed it to Hu Rong.

Hu Rong took it, smiled at Gu Wenxuan, and then began to drink the soup with her head down.

The two of them didn't like to be served by others when they were eating, so the two women went out after placing the meal down.

After Hu Rong drank the soup, she began to pick fish bones and put all the fish meat in Gu Wenxuan's bowl. She cooked Gu Wenxuan's meals before, so she remembered that Gu Wenxuan liked fish meat the most. Every time she cooked fish, he would eat more than usual.

Gu Wenxuan looked at the extra fish meat in the bowl, and immediately picked up her favorite shiitake mushrooms for Hu Rong.

The couple looked at each other and smiled, looking very warm and happy.

After eating, the husband and wife walked hand in hand in the small garden in the backyard to digest food, and they went back to the room when it was dark.

Gu Wenxuan then requested hot water to be brought in, and Hu Rong felt her face turn red all of a sudden.

"Madam, you can wash first." Gu Wenxuan took Hu Rong behind the screen, and then withdrew.