Chapter 21

She took the cup from Gu Wenxuan's hand and put it aside, her expression was calm and he couldn't see anything.

"I'll let Mammy accompany you later, it's just an ordinary gathering, don't worry, you can do whatever you want, and don't restrict yourself too much," Gu Wenxuan remarked, looking at Hu Rong.

This Liu Xian already knew about his identity, so he must have told his wife about it. He didn't believe that this lady dared to deliberately embarrass Hu Rong in public.

Hu Rong nodded and said nothing.

Her teacher had previously taught her how to treat individuals from wealthy and noble households. She only needs to follow the instructions, and there will be no errors. Furthermore, she is married to Gu Wenxuan, and these behaviors are unavoidable in the future; sooner or later, you must contact have contact with others.

On weekdays, she always wears a simple outfit. She merely pulls her hair up and secures it with a hairpin. She also dresses casually, primarily for comfort. But if she's heading to a banquet, she won't be able to do this and will have to dress up again later.

There is still half an hour, and there is still time to clean up.

After seeing off Gu Wenxuan, Hu Rong began to dress herself up.

Since it was invited by others, it would be impolite to overdress and overwhelm the guests. Furthermore, the magistrate is Gu Wenxuan's superior, so she should be more careful.

However, if she dresses too casually, it will appear perfunctory, which is not ideal and will make a negative impression on others, so you must find a balance yourself.

When she came to Fucheng this time, she carried two boxes full of jewelry. She has a lot of these high-quality garments and jewelry, some of which were previously purchased for her by Gu Wenxuan and others brought from the capital by her mother-in-law and sister-in-law. Her gifts include gold, silver, jade, pearls, emeralds, agates, and a variety of silks and satins of the best quality.

Hu Rong wore a light blue brocade shirt and dress with a pair of modest and excellent pearl earrings and fine white jade bracelets on her hands. The texture was delicate and clear, with no impurities.  The hairpin with pearl-inlaid tassels is fastened. The pearls are large and plump, and it appears to be of great quality at first glance. The tassels are gradually tilted down. The attire appears to be noble and lovely.

When Nanny Bai walked in, she spotted this image.  A graceful woman stood in front of the bronze mirror and dressing herself. She looked like a person from a painting, with snow-white skin, brilliant eyes, and white teeth, like a fairy descending from the earth.

"Young Mistress's outfit is really good. It is generous and decent, and the whole person looks noble and elegant. It is very beautiful. If the Young Master sees you, he would be overjoyed." Bai Momo looked at it for a while, and praised unconsciously

"Thank you, Nanny, for your compliment." Seeing Nanny Bai came in, Hu Rong hurried forward, seeming to respect her very much.

"Since the young mistress has finished getting dressed, let's go."

"Okay."

"You two follow too," Nanny Bai helped Hu Rong out, and said to the two servant girls behind her.

The two immediately followed after hearing the words, and Hu Rong didn't object, which shows that she agreed.

Mrs. Liu was seated in her garden pavilion. She was dressed in a vivid red brocade with ruby hairpins. She sat on the armchair, looking casually at the lotus blossoms in the pond.

There is a girl beside the lotus pond who resembles about five points like Mrs. Liu. She is between the ages of fifteen and sixteen. She is dressed in a goose-yellow dress and is feeding the fish. Mrs. Liu's face will only display a hint of a smile when her sight shifts to the young girl.

Hu Rong arrived neither early nor late; there were five individuals invited in total, and she was the third to come. Mrs. Liu was taken aback when she saw Hu Rong's face, and when she realized it, she curved her lips unconsciously.

After a few words of greetings with Hu Rong, she asked people to serve cakes and tea.

With the exception of the county magistrate's wife, Yang Shi and Hu Rong from Shangrao County, all of the women present were concubines. Mrs. Liu dislikes them. They were despatched to enjoy the flowers, while Hu Rong and Yang Shi were left behind to converse.

After a while, a few servant girls brought a lot of flowers and some high-quality vases.

"I don't have any hobbies on weekdays, but I do enjoy arranging flowers. You can do whatever you want." After Mrs. Liu finished speaking, she started arranging flowers regardless.

Flower arrangement is nothing new to Hu Rong; she skilfully took the vase on the side, began to trim the flowers, and prepared for flower arrangement.

Mrs. Liu's daughter was bored by the side, and seeing how dull this was, she stated she wanted to change clothes, to which Mrs. Liu approved so she took the maid and left.

During this period, Mrs. Liu secretly looked at Hu Rong, and observed that she was highly skilled in this area and had her own opinions, so she couldn't help but look at her twice more, and then she looked at Mrs. Yang, who was not inferior.

Mrs. Liu glanced at the big maid next to her. When the maid saw this, she instantly took out two good butterfly hairpins, one for Hu Rong and one for Yang Shi.

"It's getting late, you go back and rest first, these days while you live in the mansion, if you lack anything, just look for me."

Hu Rong and Yang Weiwei saw Mrs. Liu walking away, and then they also took their leave.

In the evening, Gu Wenxuan naturally asked about Hu Rong's situation during the day, and Hu Rong told him everything. Gu Wenxuan nodded and didn't say anything, as long as his wife was not wronged.

"I'll take the day off tomorrow and take you to a temple outside of town." Gu Wenxuan held Hu Rong's face with his palm and spoke as the two laid on the bed at night.

"Good."

"In the coming days, Mrs. Liu may call you or take you shopping. If you see anything you like, simply purchase it. Bring Mother Bai with you when the time comes. It won't be long before we return to the county."

"Um."

"It's getting late, let's go to sleep," Gu Wenxuan hugged Hu Rong and closed his eyes after finishing speaking.

Hu Rong blinked, then closed her eyes, and Gu Wenxuan didn't sleep in peace until he heard steady breathing from his arms.