ch. 12

shiho groaned, throwing her head back and covering her face with her hands.

"i thought you forgot about thaaaatt" she pouted. tsukishima merely shrugged, looking vaguely uninterested. shiho sighed. "you know, i did think about it a lot while i was in america. the whole... akira situation."

"after spending time away from him, it made me realise that he wasn't worth it, you know? i put so much effort into trying to get him to return my feelings, but he just turned out to be a jackass once he didn't need me around anymore," she shrugged.

tsukishima shook his head. "it was a stupid yes or no question idiot. i didn't need a documentary of your thinking process over the past two years."

shiho playfully punched him in the arm. "shut it, kei! now hurry up, your mother's going to kill us if we aren't down for dinner soon."

«⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅»

after dinner, shiho showered and plopped down on her bed. it was the first homemade japanese meal she'd had in a long time, and brought back a new wave of nostalgia and longing, even though she was already back home.

her fatigue had mostly disappeared, and she wanted to look around the neighbourhood that she'd left two years ago.

and so, hauling herself off the bed and pulling on a simple jacket, she slid outside into the night.

her aunt never would have allowed her to go out this late alone, so she decided to sneak out. she wasn't going to be gone for long anyway.

breaking into a slow jog, shiho felt at peace, watching as small children laughed and ran around the playground her and kunimi used to visit so often.

it brought a bittersweet smile to her face, but then resurfaced her last interaction with kunimi.

"i have no intentions of being friends with a jealous prick."

her smile dropped, and her jog turned into a slow walk, her fatigue suddenly flooding back. out of energy, she headed towards a nearby convenience store for a drink.

as she paid for a strawberry milk and left, she heard a familiar voice she hadn't heard in years.

"....shiho..?"

said girl turned her head to be met with kindaichi, who appeared to be carrying a bag full of a small collection of different snacks.

shiho couldn't move, processing what she was seeing. "....yutaro.. kindaichi?" kindaichi grinned.

"OH MY GOD YUTARO!" she laughed, tackling the poor boy into a hug. "OH MY GOD, I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" she half-sobbed half-laughed into his shoulder.

"get off me you fatass," he chuckled. "i missed you too." he returned the hug, stepping back to take a good look at the girl he hadn't seen in two years.

"well don't you look different?" he mused, eyeing her up and down. "obviously. it's been two years, stupid," she grinned.

"you've gotten a shit load taller too," she commented. "thank god, i thought you were gonna outgrow me," kindaichi playfully rolled his eyes.

"how have you been?" shiho asked, genuinely happy to see her old friend. kindaichi hummed. "well, i start high school next month... so that's big."

"ohh yeah. school in japan starts in a month doesn't it? what school are you going to?" the girl asked. "well, i managed to get into aoba johsai. oikawa-san goes there though, so i'll have to deal with him again.." kindaichi grimaced.

shiho gasped. "aoba johsai?? no way. i'm going there!" kindaichi's eyes widened. "shiho, you better not be shitting me right now or i will throw a bowling ball at your face," he said seriously.

"no seriously! my dad let me attend high school in japan, and i applied for aoba johsai!" she exclaimed, grinning widely.

"holy shit. so we'll see each other then?" shiho nodded. "i'm in class 1-4 if i remember correctly. you know what class you're in?" she questioned.

"as shocking as this is, my grades improved after you left and i was placed in 1-4 too," he smirked. shiho rolled her eyes playfully.

"yeah yeah, sure. i still remember helping you study for exams and being hella concerned you'd fail everything." kindaichi just shrugged. "times change?"

"oh, do you still remember the rest of the team from kitagawa daiichi?" he suddenly asked. shiho nodded. "well, everyone except kageyama is going to aoba johsai. you can see everyone again!" kindaichi said excitedly.

shiho pouted. "but i was so fond of tobio. he was an adorable little thing." "he was taller than you." "SHUT UP YOU TURNIP HEAD!" kindaichi gasped, offended. "RUDE!" shiho rolled her eyes again. "whatever, turnip."

"anyway, i should probably head back home if i don't want to get kicked back to america. i still have your number, so we can meet up before school starts. if you want to," she suggested.

kindaichi agreed they had a lot of catching up to do, and exchanged farewells with the girl, heading back home.

shiho exhaled, letting out a breath she didn't even know she was holding in. "damn. it's been a while since i've been back home," she commented to herself.

she started her jog back home, careful not to get caught by her aunt as she slipped back into the house. she fell onto her bed and stared at the ceiling, replaying her previous interaction with kunimi.

"everyone except tobio, huh? i guess that means akira too..." shiho sighed, wondering whether or not she actually wanted to see kunimi again.

deciding that that was a problem for future shiho, she threw her phone back into her nightstand and closed her eyes.

"guess i'll find out when it's too late."

«⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅»