ch. 20

—————————————————————————

akira 🌙
4:12pm

akira 🌙
hey

shiho
hey

what's up?

akira 🌙
u know the winter festival
is coming up soon yeah?

shiho
yep

isn't it next saturday?

akira 🌙
yeah

i wanted to ask if u wanted
to go with me?

as friends, ofc. i won't rush u or anything

it's completely alright if u don't want to

shiho
i'm down, but i think i have a match
scheduled that afternoon

i should be free later tho

for all the main events and stuff

is that ok?

akira 🌙
yeah ofc

i'll pick u up from urs at 4ish then?

shiho
(≧∇≦)b
*liked by akira 🌙*
(a/n: that's meant to be a
thumbs up by the way lmao)

—————————————————————————

"akira! practice is starting, hurry up!"

shiho looked up from her phone as her captain waved her over to the rest of the team. "coming!" she shoved her phone in her bag and quickly jogged over to the team.

————— after practice —————

"alright, great job girls! let's pack up. oh, and don't forget we have a match this saturday."

in the change rooms, the girls were busy talking about who they're going to the festival with, what they're doing, and what they're wearing.

"akira, who are you going with?" her teammate, shiyama ai, asked. all eyes turned to shiho as they waited for her answer.

"oh. uh. akira kunimi," she spoke curtly. she had never truly liked shiyama. something about her was awfully off.

half the team gasped as they started gossiping about how shiho was going with kunimi. "you're so lucky! i wish i could go with kunimi-kun," one of them gushed. "she's lucky that she's their manager! imagine being around them every day!" another sighed.

shiho knew that the team was popular with girls, but she didn't know that kunimi was that popular too. especially amongst her volleyball team.

"wow, i guess being the manager for the boys' team has its perks," shiyama mused. shiho narrowed her eyes as she glared at shiyama. "and what's that meant to mean, shiyama?" she spat.

"nothing~. i'm just saying, don't you think it's strange that you're going to the festival with kunimi akira? i heard from a little birdie that you guys had a huge falling out in middle school... how did you even get close to him?

oh, and i assume the rest of the boys' team will be there too, yeah? since you're so attached to them. you don't even sit with your classmates during lunch. you sit with them. i wonder what truly goes on during practice, hm?"

shiyama grinned as the rest of the girls went silent at the girl's bold words. though she hadn't said it directly, everyone knew what she was implying with those words.

"you...!"

shiho slammed shiyama against a locker, seething. "you do not have ANY right to speak to me that way! who the fuck do you think you are?"

"i hear you're a bit of a slut, creeping into the volleyball team as their manager, using it as an excuse to get closer to the boys."

"i bet you just wanted to get closer to oikawa-senpai."

"whore."

"no way the boys would actually like someone like her. they probably just pity her enough to let her stay."

"attention-seeking bitch."

"pick-me."

shiyama laughed as she picked herself up and dusted off her uniform. "aw, is akira mad? can't stand being called a slut can you? looks like what mia told me was true."

shiho's eyes widened as she stared at the girl. "i fucking knew it. shiyama is friends with watanabe."

"who i'm going to the festival with and what i do at practice is none of your fucking business. take your damn jealousy and get the fuck out, because i can tell you right now that akira- no, the entire team would never like someone like you."

shiho clenched her fists, trying her absolute hardest to suppress the urge to punch that smug expression off shiyama's face.

"oh? you know them well enough to say that, do you? alright, then. since akira shiho has said so, then it must be true! you know, since she spends so much time with the boys' team.

oh but wouldn't it be fun if i proved that wrong? ah, i guess we'll see what happens then. well then, i'll be on my way. i'll see you guys saturday."

shiho watched shiyama walk out the change room, as she debated whether or not she should follow her and give her a piece of her damn mind.

deciding it was better not to get in trouble right before the festival, she grit her teeth and grabbed her bag before walking out the change room.

all she wanted in that moment was to break that smug asshole's nose.

«⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅»