ch. 13

"shiho! wait up!"

shiho turned around to face kindaichi, grinning and running towards her, flinging his book bag over his shoulder.

"yu! how's it going?" shiho greeted, fist bumping her friend. "good good! what about you? nervous about starting at aoba johsai?"

shiho shrugged. "i'll be fine. it won't be too difficult for me to make friends since there are people i know around the place."

"i just have to hope aoba johsai actually has a girls' volleyball club so i don't have to be stuck babysitting you idiots for the rest of high school," she sighed.

"HEEYY! you loved babysitting us and you know it," kindaichi pouted. shiho rolled her eyes. "whatever helps you sleep at night, man. now hurry up, i don't want to be late on my first day."

«⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅»

shiho huffed, being dragged outside by kindaichi as soon as the lunch bell went. "i wanted to sit in the fancy ass cafeteria and eat! what is wrong with you?" she wailed.

kindaichi rolled his eyes and he lead her toward who-the-fuck-knows-where. "shut up, you big baby. you'll thank me in.. approximately twenty seconds."

with that, kindaichi came to a stop in front of a large building which shiho assumed was a gym. shiho's eyes widened, as everything clicked into place.

"oooooohhh my god! yu, are the old kitagawa daiichi guys there?" she asked excitedly. kindaichi grinned and nodded, opening the gym doors.

shiho was immediately met with a hug from none other than oikawa tooru, who ran towards the poor girl and tackled her.

"SHI-CHAAAAAANNN!! IT'S BEEN SO LONG! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!" he cried, burying his head in shiho's shoulder.

shiho chuckled, patting the older boy's hair. "glad i was missed, tooru-chan." iwaizumi sighed and walked over to where oikawa was still wailing about how he missed the girl, and - though a little hesitant - wrapped his arms around shiho and oikawa.

"we all missed you, shiho," he muttered. "AWWW! IWA-CHAAAANNN!!"
"aaand i take that previous statement back."

shiho stood back, acting offended. "to think the iwaizumi hajime didn't miss me? ouch!" iwaizumi scoffed, though he couldn't help but smile, being reunited with his favourite kouhai from middle school.

"i'm so glad you're back, shi-chan! kindaichi here only told us like- yesterday that you were back! the betrayal!" oikawa exclaimed. shiho chuckled. "missed you too, tooru-chan."

suddenly, two tall figures walked into the gym. one had short, pink-brown hair while the other had messy black hair. they each slung an arm over iwaizumi and towered over shiho, glaring at her.

"what business do you have with our iwa-chan? are you one of his fangirls?" the pink-brown haired one asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

"are you trying to hit on iwa-chan??" the darker haired male followed up, also glaring at her suspiciously.

shiho laughed nervously, slightly intimidated by the tall males looming over her. "u-uh, i'm not-" iwaizumi cut her off, pushing both the boys' arms off him and turning to face them before curtly bonking them over the head.

"stop being stupid, you two. this is akira shiho, a kouhai from middle school. she was our volleyball team's manager. shiho, this is matsukawa issei and hanamaki takahiro," iwaizumi introduced, pointing to the respective boys.

"ah, it's nice to meet you!" shiho exclaimed, bowing. "nice to meet you," they answered in sync. "i guess i'll introduce you to the rest of team while i'm at it."

he pointed at a boy who was practicing his serves. "that's yahaba shigeru." he pointed to a boy with a buzz cut practicing receives. "that's watari shinji."

he then pointed to a boy with a.... unique.. hairstyle. "and that's kentaro kyotani. he's a little... unfriendly." iwaizumi grimaced.

shiho was a little concerned but decided not to question it further. "okay, yahaba, watari, and kentaro-san. i'll try to remember that."

"oh, kunimi's also on the team, he just isn't here today. thought you... might want to know," iwaizumi informed before turning back towards the courts to separate kyotani and yahaba, who were spiking volleyballs at each other.

oikawa hummed, slinging himself over shiho and leaning his head on top of hers. "you over kunimi yet?" he questioned quietly. he felt shiho nod and sighed out of relief. "took you long enough," he commented.

"i guess."
"anyway, i have to ask, are you going to be our manager again? you know we loved having you as our manager in middle school," oikawa asked.

shiho pulled herself out from under oikawa and shook her head. "aoba johsai has a girls' volleyball team, so i think i'm going to apply for the team. it will be better for me in terms of practice and actually being able to play matches, you know?"

oikawa nodded, though pouting, a little disappointed that she wouldn't be the team's manager. "i mean, i can try." oikawa immediately perked up again at those words.

"i'll see how much spare time i have and if i'll be able to manage my school work with that, okay? if i have enough time and willpower i promise i'll apply," shiho smiled.

oikawa nodded again, though this time extra enthusiastically, jogging back over to the courts and jumping on iwaizumi, presumably telling him that she was going to be their manager.

shiho sighed, smiling and shaking her head. "he never changed, hm?" she commented, kindaichi agreeing. "alright, well i'm going to head back to try and eat something before lunch is over. i'll see you in class, okay?"

kindaichi nodded and returned back to the court, while shiho turned to leave. as she was about to open the door, it swung open by itself. "the fuc-" she stopped short when she saw who was on the other side of the door.

".....akira?"

«⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅»