ch. 10

————————————————————————-

shittykawa
8:52pm

better akira
yo tooru-senpai (๑•̀ㅁ•́ฅ✧

shittykawa
SHIHO-CHAAAANNNN!! (۶ꈨຶꎁꈨຶ )۶

OH MY GOD YOU'RE ALIVE

THANK YOU WHATEVER GOD IS
UP THERE

I THOUGHT YOU CRIPPLED OFF
AND DIED OR SOMETHING

YOU CAN'T JUST DISAPPEAR FOR
TWO WHOLE ASS MONTHS LIKE
THAT MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT (;'༎ຶД༎ຶ')

better akira
gomen gomen (」><)」
i had to take care of some stuff.

shittykawa
what sort of things???

you didn't move schools without telling
us or something right?!! Σ ( ° △ °|||)

better akira
ahaha. about that. 〒▽〒

————————————————————————-

"YOU'RE IN AMERICA?!?!!" oikawa yelled, shiho wincing at the volume. "calm down, tooru-senpai. i have my headphones in. you're going to turn me deaf," she chuckled.

"right, gomen. BUT AMERICA? AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN TELL US?!??!" shiho could see oikawa pouting under his alien hoodie, as they were on facetime.

"ah, i didn't have data here for a couple weeks until we were somewhat settled in, so i had no way to contact anyone.

besides, i think i wouldn't have been able to leave if i had to say goodbye to you guys in person, you know? and it felt wrong to do it over text," shiho said bitterly.

"i'm sorry for suddenly leaving without notice, though."

oikawa sighed, but nodded anyway, understanding her conflicting feelings. "it's alright, shiho-chan. i just wish i could've had a chance to give you a proper goodbye."

shiho's heart dropped, feeling guilty for making the boys worry about her so much. "i promise i'll come back soon, tooru-senpai," she promised.

"maybe i'll return to japan for high school. you said you wanted to go to aoba johsai, right? maybe i'll apply there." oikawa grinned, nodding enthusiastically. "yeah! promise to keep in touch with me until you come back, okay?"

shiho nodded, smiling. "but i do have to ask... you met any cute boys yet?" oikawa grinned. "why? jealous? you already have iwa-senpai," shiho grinned back.

"i- iwa-chan doesn't- SHUT UP!!" oikawa pouted, turning away in embarrassment. "is it that obvious?"

"hmm, maybe not. i do think you might have a chance though," she winked.

oikawa whined, hiding his face under his alien hoodie. "you're so mean, shiho-chan," he pouted. the girl merely laughed at his childish behaviour.

"gomen~" she replied lazily. "anyway, i have to head down to dinner now. i'll talk to you later, okay?" shiho informed. oikawa pouted further, though nodding his head.

"okay. take care, shi-chan. come back soon, okay?"

shiho's breath hitched at those words, though she quickly covered it up and hung up, staring at her blank phone screen.

before she even realised, stray tears were trickling down her face as a bittersweet, longing feeling engulfed her entire being.

even though she was grateful for a fresh start she regretted leaving her friends behind. they had become her second family.

they made her life so much more meaningful and exciting than she thought it'd ever be, in their own beautiful, unique ways.

oikawa tooru was childish. he acted like a five year old after a bucket of halloween candy. but even so, he was extremely hard working. he was so utterly dedicated to the things he loved, and always loyal to the people he loved behind those childish acts.

iwaizumi hajime was reliable. he was always there in shiho's times of need when she had no one else to lean on. he was mature and caring, even if he was a little tsundere at times, embarrassed to show his true feelings for his close friends.

kageyama tobio was passionate. he wanted to learn everything about volleyball there was to learn, and looked up to those who were better than him. he worked hard and made up for any areas he lacked in talent, and would always go on rants about volleyball (which were honestly quite adorable to shiho).

kindaichi yutaro was funny. he would always make shiho laugh at the stupidest things and find a way to make her day better. he was understanding and gave her space when needed, but always came back with a way to make her smile and feel better.

kunimi akira was akira shiho's first and only love.

she had never felt this way for anyone else. she loved the way he would give her his rare but genuine smiles. she loved his soft hair, split down the middle, that she'd often braid.

she loved the way he was especially soft and kind towards her. she loved his voice, and the way it would get slightly higher when he got excited or talked about something he liked.

she loved their constant late night hang outs, staying up past midnight watching cringey disney movies and talking.

akira shiho loved kunimi akira.

there was no doubt about it. she didn't even try to hide her feelings. everyone around them knew. it had become the norm by the time they reached middle school.

akira shiho hated that she loved kunimi akira.

even after the things he had done and the things he said, she couldn't let go. she still loved kunimi akira, and she hated it.

she wished she could move on and let him be happy, but a part of her couldn't help but feel so utterly betrayed. hurt.

she furiously wiped at her tears, mentally scolding herself for being so emotionally attached. "they're just your friends. you can always text and call them. you can go visit them. it's not even that bad. stop crying."

even as she tried to convince herself that she would be okay, and that leaving japan wasn't all that bad, she still couldn't get rid of the pain of leaving everyone behind.

"god, i fucking miss those guys."

«⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅»