ch. 04

————— shiho's pov —————

watanabe has gotten way too close to akira for my liking. i know, i know. i shouldn't be so possessive of akira, and i'm not the only female friend he'll ever have.

but something inside me is just bugging me whenever they're together. i can't help but feel jealous whenever watanabe is near akira.

it's been... four months? i think? since she's transferred here. akira and watanabe are spending more and more time together.

they've been going to cafes with the excuse that they're finishing assignments. leaving school together while i help the volleyball team clean up. frequently going over to each other's house.

it bugs me. a lot.

«⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅»

i sigh, throwing my phone on my bedside table after staring at my texts to kunimi for a good five minutes, hoping for at least a "read" to show up.

he used to answer me within three minutes. whether it be a call or text, no matter the time, he'd answer within three minutes.

sitting up on my bed, i debate whether or not i should go visit akira. buuuuut that freaking watanabe is probably there already.

frustrated, i decide on just taking a nap and grab my pillow, laying down. which i ended up screaming into. "ABSJSJWHGDHAJWHSNDFKDH-"

"OH MY GOD SHUT UP SHIHO!" right. i forgot my damned cousin was home. "SCREW YOU!!" i yell back. stupid four eyes.

sighing, i decide i'm not going to get any sleep and might as well go annoy kei. i slam open his door and flop onto his bed.

"tssuuukkiiiiiiiiiii~" my dearest cousin groans and turns his chair to face me. "what do you want, shiho?"

"nothing. i'm just bored. i thought maybe my dearest cousin would like to spend some quality time with-"

"no."

wow. okay. typical angsty teen kei.

well, since he doesn't want to talk, i may as well talk to you guys. yeah, i'm breaking the fourth wall.

you may be wondering how in the seven rings of hell i'm related to tsukishima kei. honestly? i don't know either. we might not even be biologically related.

all i know is that our parents have known each other since forever, which means kei and i have known each other since diapers.

an even bigger question you might have is "oh shiho, why are you living with tsukishima kei and not in your own house? are you one of those y/n type OCs that have no parents because they died in a car crash?"

no, i am not. my parents are just divorced, and my dad got full custody because my mum's a gambling alcoholic.

kei and i are quite literally next door neighbours, and i basically live with the tsukishima family because my dad's a nurse, which means he's in the hospital a lot of the time. it gets lonely on my own.

anyway, back to our fic without a broken fourth wall. for now.

"tsukkiii~"
"don't call me that." i roll my eyes. "fine, kei. we should go to the convenience store. i'm hungry."
"not my problem," the beanpole says. rude.

"come on! stop sitting on your ass all day and do something meaningful with your life! you're only like 10. you're too young to be locked in your room and playing video games."

kei turns around, looking pissed off. he's so easy to annoy. "you're literally like five months older than me."

"uh huh! that's like- half a year." he rolls his eyes in response. why does he have to pretend to be such a sassy bitch all the time? he's going to agree to go out anyway.

"whatever. hurry up then," he says, sighing and getting up from his desk.

told you so.

————— 3rd person pov —————

shiho hummed happily, skipping along the sidewalk and dragging tsukishima along with her by the arm, the boy trying to hide his face in embarrassment.

"ne, tsukki. you like strawberry shortcake, right?" shiho asked. "we've known each other since we were born. how do you not know this?" tsukishima sighed.

"hey! i'm just making sure, you asshole!" "mhm. whatever."

as the two made their way into the convenience store, shiho was met with the unwanted presence of a familiar blonde. "oh akira-san! what a coincidence!" watanabe waved.

"great. the one person i didn't want to see," shiho muttered under her breath. regaining her composure, she waved back.

"looks like you have a friend. i'll be over there if you need me," tsukishima said before quickly walking off to find his beloved strawberry shortcake. "no wait!-"

shiho sighed, now left alone with watanabe. "uh. so. what are you doing here, watanabe?" she asked, vaguely annoyed. "oh, i just thought i'd grab some snacks for akira and i," she replied.

"akira? as in kunimi akira?"
"mhm! we were planning to watch the jujutsu kaisen 0 movie, and i suggested getting snacks."

"you guys have been spending a lot of time together lately," shiho said, with a hint of irritation. "yeah, i guess so. that's what happens when you like someone though, right?"

shiho stopped. "what?"
"hm? i said, that's what happens when you like someone. right?" watanabe said, smiling at shiho.

it was not a pure smile. it was a smile laced with malicious intentions, making the hair on shiho's neck prickle and stand up.

watanabe stepped closer to shiho. "ne, isn't that right, akira shiho?" she chuckled.

"i know you like akira. but so do i. and honestly? i think i've already won," watanabe chuckled, an underlying tone of threat in her voice.

with that, she swiftly turned and left. shiho clenched her fists, trembling with rage. she didn't even bother to tell tsukishima where she was going and left the convenience store, the words watanabe had said running through her head on an endless loop.

"and honestly? i think i've already won."

«⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅»