ch. 03

a semester had already passed since the pair had joined kitagawa daiichi middle school. shiho had become close friends with all of the members, particularly fond of kageyama and his passion for the sport.

she was happy with how things were, and wished everything would stay just how it was. nothing more, nothing less.

but alas, she just may have jinxed herself.

that morning, a new girl was introduced to their class. mia watanabe. she was, undeniably, gorgeous. she was half french and half japanese, and had striking blue eyes and blonde hair.

at first, shiho didn't pay her much mind. she just went on with her day, studying in class, eating lunch at the cafeteria with the volleyball team, going to practice. it was her usual routine, and she was perfectly content with it.

however, as the weeks went on, watanabe grew closer to kunimi. not just metaphorically, but literally.

there had been multiple occasions where shiho had been moved from her own seat next to kunimi because watanabe was there. the teacher showed little to no care as they clearly favoured the new exchange student.

she had started to join her and kunimi's group during group projects, making their once perfect duo into a forced trio.

yes, it annoyed her greatly.

«⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅»

"AKIRRAAAA! HURRY UP! IWA-CHAN'S GONNA YELL AT UUSSSS!!" shiho yelled, slamming the classroom door open and dragging kunimi out, ignoring watanabe.

"at least let me get my b-"
"WE'RE ALREADY LATE BECAUSE OF YOU DUMBASS! GET IT LATER!"

"AGH YOU'RE ALWAYS LATE NOWADAYS! IT'S BECAUSE OF THAT WATANABE GIRL!"
"you shouldn't be speaking about your classmates like that, shiho," kunimi sighed.

"it's not like she's my friend. i'll speak about her however i want. and right now i'll speak about her negatively because she's stealing you from me," she scoffed, half-joking.

kunimi, however, did not seem to like the joke.

he yanked his hand away from shiho's and sighed, annoyed. "she may not be your friend, but she's mine. at least try to treat her decently."

shiho sighed, slightly hurt that he was taking watanabe's side. "fine, whatever. doesn't mean i'll treat her like a friend though." kunimi merely nodded, seemingly satisfied with her response.

the pair entered the gym, greeting the team as kunimi went to change and shiho went to the bleachers, taking out her old volleyball uniform from her bag and stalking over to the bathroom.

"shiho-chan! are you playing with us today?" oikawa asked excitedly, taking note of her volleyball uniform and tied-up hair.

"mhm. there's some annoyance i need to smack into volleyballs," shiho grinned. "hell yeah!" the older boy grinned back.

the boys had decided to play three-on-threes, and the teams were divided into oikawa, shiho, kindaichi and kageyama, kunimi and iwaizumi.

oikawa started things off with his signature jump serve, kunimi only barely receiving the ball. kageyama tossed the ball to iwaizumi, who slammed it straight over shiho's block, luckily received by kindaichi.

shiho grinned, half fired-up, half pissed off by the fact that iwaizumi had completely avoided her block.

so naturally, as one would, she immediately called
for the ball and jumped as high as she could, spiking the ball down onto their court, getting her revenge.

the match went on to be won by the kageyama-iwaizumi-kindaichi team, 25-21.

shiho just died on the floor, groaning, both pissed at the loss and sore from the sudden explosion of movements without warm ups.

she began cooling down, stretching her legs and arms as she went through everything that went wrong in that match and why they lost.

"agh i should've gotten that last receive! we might've had a chance if i didn't fuck that up.. or that spike that went out... AGH-"

suddenly, the gym door opened to reveal mia watanabe, all heads turning her way. including kunimi's.

"ah, watanabe. are you ready?" he asked, picking up his things. "oya? kunimi, is this your girlfriend?" oikawa asked, displaying a shit-eating grin, making his way over to the two.

"we're just classmates, oikawa-senpai. please don't go around making assumptions," kunimi sighed.

"akira! where are you going? i thought we were heading to the convenience store after this," shiho asked, vaguely hurt.

"ah, right... i forgot to tell you, we were planning to head to the cafe down the road to finish the literature project," kunimi said.

"hey, i'm in your group too though? why is it just you two going to work on it?" the girl asked suspiciously, glaring at watanabe.

"huh? watanabe, did you not invite shih-"
"sorry, gotta go before they run out of lemon slices!" watanabe interrupted, dragging kunimi out of the gym.

"what the fuck?" shiho asked to the now empty spot where kunimi and watanabe once stood. "did she just? fucking take kunimi??" she added on in disbelief, pissed the fuck off by this sudden intervention.

she didn't like the fact that watanabe had gotten that close to kunimi. glaring at the door and wishing that it would have fallen on watanabe or something, she stood up and walked over to the bleachers to retrieve her bag.

"shiho-chan, who was that?" oikawa questioned, cocking his head to the side, confused at her sudden outburst of rage.

"some new transfer girl. i'd say 'some new transfer bitch' but akira dearest doesn't like me calling his so called friend such vulgar insults," she spat.

"hmm, sounds to me she's trying to steal your boyfriend," kindaichi mused, walking over to the two, kageyama trailing behind the turnip-head.

"wait, shiho-san and kunimi-kun are dating?" kageyama asked, confused. the other boys just looked at him in disappointment.

"can you really not tell? shiho-chan obviously likes kunimi," oikawa said, dumbfounded by the boy's obliviousness.

"oh. you like kunimi-kun?" kageyama turned to asked shiho. shiho merely nodded, biting the inside of her cheek in slight embarrassment.

"does that blonde girl like kunimi-kun?" he asked, which ticked off shiho. taking a deep breath, she composed herself as she answered.

"i don't know, kags. i hope not."

«⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅»