chapter 107

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Well, the first thing he said was about her interests and hobbies. Elsa's interest was painting, and she had been doing it as a hobby. So, two in one.

She hadn't painted ever since she lost her sister, but she will start again soon.

All she knew was that if she painted now, her paintings would be very sad. She wrote her hobby as painting and then continued to the rest of the questions.

She wasn't good at describing herself, so this was not an easy thing to write. She kept her description short and simple.

She should have asked why Jeremy wanted her to write about herself. Why was she doing this? And why did he want it? Was he going to read it?

The moment she was done and put her pen down, she heard the door open.

She looked up from the notebook and saw Bruno coming into the office.

Before Elsa could react to that, he charged at her at full speed, coming behind Jeremy's desk.

He grabbed her upper arms and pulled her up from the chair roughly. He then got her from behind the desk by pulling her and pushed her against the wall roughly. Elsa was taken aback by this.

“What are you doing?” she shrieked in confusion.

Bruno immediately grabbed Elsa's neck and started squeezing it. “I know what you're up to, little Missy. And I will not let you use Jeremy again!” he gritted his teeth with anger.

Elsa's eyes bulged out so much, they almost fell out of their sockets. She tried to pull his hand off her neck, but she was no match for his strength.

“Let me go!” Elsa tried to get those words out.

“I must admit, Miss Halverson, I underestimated you. I knew you were a cunning woman, I just didn't think you'd be this cunning. So you created a new persona? An innocent persona? Trying to act like a righteous woman that you aren't? Who are you trying to fool, huh?

“I cannot believe Jeremy can be this naive to fall for your tricks again. But I see right through you, I see right through your act.” He tightened his grip even more, choking her to a point where she was having trouble breathing and talking.

“And I am going to expose you,” he declared. Elsa felt her lungs burn.

A tear fell down her face as she kept struggling. His eyes were red with anger, as if he wanted to strangle her to death.

But just before she ran out of air, he let her go. She fell on the ground, on her knees with her palms touching the floor, as she greedily gasped for air.

Her entire body was shaking. As she gasped for air, Bruno crouched in front of her, towering over her. He grabbed her hair and pulled it hard, making her look at him. He noticed she was trembling and chuckled.

“Now you're scared? You're scared already? Maybe it's a good thing you are, because then you will think twice about messing with Jeremy. I will find out what you are up to, Gwen Halverson, and I will expose you to him, again.

“But I honestly think I already know what you are up to. You are trying to make him trust you so you buy yourself time. (Scoffs) Time for what, Gwen? Well, I will find out on my own because I know you won't tell me the truth.”

He had a stern and murderous aura around him. He then let her hair go and walked away, leaving her still trembling on the floor.