3

Maggie had been sitting in the living room all night, waiting for her grandfather to return

Maggie had been sitting in the living room all night, waiting for her grandfather to return. The longer she sat, the more the rage bubbled inside of her.

A loud crack fills the air, indicating her grandfather has returned to the household. She gets to her feet, her arms folded over her chest.

"You should be in bed, Margot,"

"This is your fault," Maggie seethes, tossing the newspaper down onto the table. "All of it! You smuggled him out of Azkaban for what?"

"I promised your grandmother-"

"He tortured people to insanity!" Maggie's voice begins to climb in volume. "He has the Dark Mark! He's loyal to Voldemort, you know it and I know it"

"He's my son!"

"You sent him to Azkaban in the first place!"

"He was dying!"

"He should have died," Maggie spits. "I'd rather be an orphan than have that monster as a father"

"It was your grandmother's final wish-"

"I wish it was you that died!" Maggie shouts, her chest heaving as she stares at her grandfather. "You didn't deserve her, she was kind and loving. You're a monster. Cruel and cold. No wonder my father became a death eater. It was to get away from you"

"You're forgetting your place again Margot,"

"Maybe Grandma dying was a blessing," Maggie shakes her head. "She finally had a way to escape from you"

Maggie watches as her grandfather raises his hand before it swings down, colliding with her face. The witch's head snaps to the side as the skin rapidly turns red.

"I'll leave your father to deal with you," Her grandfather says, shaking his head as he walks to the door. "He has a wand now"

Maggie sprints towards the door, trying to get out after her grandfather but it slams close. The lock clicks in place which causes Maggie to begin to yank at the handle before banging on the door.

"Don't do this!" Maggie cries. "Please!"

The flames behind her light up green casting a glow over the dark room causing Maggie's heart to pound in her chest. The witch slowly turns to see her father standing in front of the fireplace.

"I heard you've forgotten how to hold your tongue," Her father begins to walk towards her, and his newly acquired wand is raised. "Crucio!"

The red light strikes Maggie and instantly an intense, searing pain tears its way through her body. Every nerve in her body was on fire, turning her blood molten as her insides burned. Screams tear from her lips as her body collides with the ground. The floor was cold beneath her but she could find no relief from it as she writhed in pain. Her hands claw at her chest in an attempt to try and tear the pain from her body.

"Stop!" Maggie whispers as her body begins to convulse more violently, the pain coursing through her is putting too much strain on her body.

"You tried to attack me, Margot," Her father crouches next to his daughter's convulsing body, lifting the spell and she trembles. "For what? Harry Potter? You betrayed everything I stand for"

"I stand for what my mother stood for," Maggie grits out. "She was unequivocally good. You are evil"

The searing sensation fills Maggie's body again and her limbs begin to jerk of their own accord. Her wails tear through the house as her father laughs maniacally.

"Barty, that's enough!" Her grandfather shouts, disarming his son. "She's learned her lesson"

Maggie's cheek rests against the cold ground, her body twitching and jerking of its own accord.

"Flopsy!" Her grandfather calls and the small elf appears. "Take Miss Margot to her bed, make sure there's no long-term damage. That would be rather unfortunate for us"

"Yes, Master Crouch,"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Maggie's eyes open when she registers the cool, damp feeling on her forehead. Flopsy comes into view, concern was causing creases to form between her eyebrows.

"Oh, Miss Maggie," Flopsy whispers, relief sparkling in her eyes. "You had Flopsy very worried, lots of twitching and some convulsing. Master Crouch Senior had to call in a specialist before obliviating him. You've been very delirious, Miss Maggie, calling out for your mother,"

"My mother?" Maggie frowns.

"Yes, Miss Maggie, you was very distressed," Flopsy nods, her ears flapping slightly. "You have a tremor in your hands now. Prolonged exposure the specialist said"

"Is it fixable?" Maggie asks and Flopsy shakes her head, her eyes welling with tears.

"Flopsy will try and help Miss Maggie," The house-elf stands tall as she speaks. "Flopsy has took care of Miss Maggie since she was three, she will not stop now. I got some potions to keep you calm. Flopsy hopes it will stop the tremors being too bad"

"You are my only true friend Flopsy," Maggie smiles and the house elf smiles, tears welling once again. "You are the only person to ever truly show me what love is"

"Miss Maggie, you is a pure soul. Flopsy loves you with her entire heart," The house-elf smiles and Maggie wraps her arms around the house-elf before her voice drops to a whisper.

"Thank you,"

"Always Miss,"