7

The door to Grimmauld Place bursts open, revealing a frantic George who rushes into the dining room

The door to Grimmauld Place bursts open, revealing a frantic George who rushes into the dining room. In a swift motion, he waves his wand, causing the plates on the table to levitate and clear off the surface. Following closely behind him is Fred, who is carrying a limp Maggie in his arms.

"Kids out!" Mrs Weasley exclaims, shooing Harry, Hermione, Ron and Ginny from the room.

"Fred, what happened?" Remus asks as the wizard in question lays Maggie on the table.

"Here," Sirius puts a pillow under Maggie's head.

Fred looks up at Remus, his expression a mix of worry and frustration. "We were ambushed. Death Eaters were everywhere. There was some kind of surge of power from Maggie. She managed to blast the death eaters back and then... she just slumped over."

The entire room fell silent as every single person's attention was drawn towards Maggie. Her complexion had become deathly pale, and the only indication of any colour on her face was the blood that was slowly trickling down her cheek.

"Um, not to alarm you guys," George says, leaning forward. "But there's blood seeping from her ear"

"This one too," Remus says, his brows furrowing in concern and confusion.

"We need to get her to St Mungo's," Molly says.

"You can't," Moody says, shaking his head. "There'll be too many questions"

"There's something seriously wrong with her!" Molly snaps. "I'm sure we could come up with a convincing lie!"

"There's no need for that,"

All heads turn to see Dumbledore standing in the doorway of the dining room, his eyes on Maggie's unconscious form.

"She'll wake, but she'll be different,"

"Different?" Fred asks. "What the fuck do you mean different?"

"Frederick!" Molly gasps. "Language!"

"It's quite alright Molly," Dumbledore says. "Mr Weasley is just worried but I can provide an explanation for all of this. First, let's put Miss McKinnon somewhere slightly more comfortable"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Fred and Remus reenter the dining room after putting Maggie in her bed. Hermione had volunteered to keep an eye on Maggie and notify them in case of any changes in her condition. When the two wizards had left, Maggie's head was in Hermione's lap as the younger witch read aloud from her book.

"Miss McKinnon is a wizarding peculiarity," Dumbledore says. "Her grandmother's name was Cecelia. However, her real name was Circe"

"Right, what relevance does that have?" Fred's tone was snippy.

"Do any of you know Greek Mythology?"

"Ancient Greeks believed Circe was the goddess of magic," Remus states.

"Circe Crouch was not a witch or wizard like any of us," Dumbledore says. "Circe was the goddess from the legends"

"That's impossible," Moody shakes his head.

"It's not," Dumbledore shakes his head. "When Circe discovered Maggie had been born, she came to me to reveal the truth-"

"If she's a goddess, surely she's immortal?" Sirius asks.

"Technically Circe isn't dead, she returned to her island," Dumbledore says. "But her powers are weakened after the Azkaban and helping her son escape incident. Circe sensed darkness in Maggie's father when he was born so she waited-"

"For Maggie to be born?" George asks.

"Yes," Dumbledore nods. "When Maggie was born, Circe felt a light she hadn't seen since visiting Olympus. Which is why she bequeathed the inherited powers of being related to a goddess to Maggie rather than her father-"

"Maggie's a goddess?" George asks.

"Knew it," Fred grins but at the unimpressed looks he receives he clears his throat, scratching the back of his neck.

"Maggie's what is known as a demi-god but she's more powerful because she has wand magic and goddess magic," Dumbledore says.

"Demi-god?" Sirius raises an eyebrow. "Like Hercules?"

"Similar concept," Dumbledore nods. "Circe foresaw a second wizarding war in the future, and she wanted Maggie to be prepared. She granted her the powers of a goddess, along with her own twist of magic. That's what the necklace symbolizes. It was a key for the goddess magic. The reason Maggie sees things before they happen, it's traces of the magic that managed to emerge without the necklace"

"But what does it have to do with her collapsing?" Fred asks, still visibly concerned.

"The clash of magical energies in her recent encounter triggered a surge in her powers," Dumbledore explains. "It's a lot for a young witch to handle, even for someone with Maggie's capabilities. She'll need time to adjust."

"How do you know all this?" Remus inquires.

"Circe shared this information with me to ensure Maggie's safety. She wanted her to have a chance at a normal life before her magical heritage fully awakened."

"So, what now?" George asks.

"Now, we let her rest," Dumbledore says. "The power surge and the clash of energies have taken a toll on her. She needs time to recover and learn to control her newfound abilities. I'll keep a close eye on her, and we'll take the necessary steps to guide her through this."

"How do we tell her that she's part goddess?" Remus asks.

"Hey Mags, you know how your grandmother died? Well, technically she's not dead, just residing on her island. What island you ask? The island Circe, yes the one from Greek Mythology, lives on. Do you know why? Your grandmother is Circe, yes the goddess of magic, and she gave you the inherited magic," George says, sarcasm lining his voice. "How does that sound?"

"In theory great," Remus nods. "But perhaps a bit of tact"

"Fireworks that spell out Maggie you are part goddess?" Sirius suggests, trying to lighten the mood.

Sirius' suggestion elicits a few chuckles from the group, momentarily easing the tension in the room.

"Maggie's strong," Fred states. "She'll be able to handle this"

"Are you sure?" Dumbledore asks the younger wizard who nods.

"Definitely,"