37

Maggie, Remus and Harry are all clutching each other's hands tightly as the Ministry searches through Maggie and Harry's memories of the night in the graveyard and Harry's memories of his third year in Hogwarts

It was the day the verdict in Sirius' case would come in. Amelia Bones had been a key component in Sirius being able to live under house arrest while the facts were re-examined alongside new evidence. Sirius' case had garnered national and international support, calling for the removal of Cornelius Fudge from office for 'gross injustice and incompetence'.

Amelia nods as she shuffles through the paperwork handed to her. Her face was emotionless but when the woman glanced at Maggie, she could see the sparkle in them.

"Sirius Black III," Amelia says. "You are here today on grounds of escaping custody but I am happy to announce that as of today you are a free man whose record has been expunged"

Maggie, Remus and Harry cheer as Sirius burst into tears, sobbing into his hands as Amelia continues to speak.

"The Ministry will be paying you a monthly sum of 10,000 galleons every month for twelve years to compensate you for the time lost but I know this will never truly compensate for the years you lost. You may now approach Maggie,"

Maggie doesn't bother using the proper steps, choosing to leap from the small balcony and Sirius catches her as Remus lets out a horrified shout.

"MAGGIE!"

"What?!"

"I know you called in a lot of favours," Sirius grins at Maggie, cupping her face in his hands.

"One good thing that old bastard left me," Maggie grins back.

"I'm a free man," Sirius exclaims, still in disbelief, but his eyes sparkle with pure happiness.

"So what do you want to do now?" Harry asks.

"I wanna get hitched!"

"Huh?"

"Say what now?"

"Did he say-?"

"Remus Lupin, I don't have a ring, I don't have a nice suit but I'd love to marry you right now. What do you say?"

"This has to be the worst proposal I have ever seen," Harry mutters and Maggie elbows him. "Ow!"

"Of course, I want to marry you, you soppy sod!"

"Nope," Maggie shakes her head. "You two are not shotgunning this. Give me two hours, Harry, you take Remus. I'll take Sirius, I know he'll want to help me plan"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"Are you sure I can't get you to wear a dress?"

"Piss off Maggie,"

"Alright bridezilla," Maggie chuckles, straightening Sirius' suit before pinning a small crescent moon to his lapel. "So who's your best man?"

"I was thinking best woman," Sirius grins at her. "Remus has asked Harry for him to be his man of honour. Figured I couldn't really call you a maid because of all the purity stuff-"

"You cheeky prick!"

"You gonna walk me down the aisle?" Sirius asks.

"If you're joking, I'll punch you in the throat,"

"Dead Sirius,"

"Is he ready?" Fred asks, popping his head through the curtain.

"Are you?" Maggie asks.

"I am," Sirius nods, linking his arm with Maggie's. "Don't let me trip"

"If you do I'm going to laugh,"

As the music fills the air, Maggie and Sirius walk down the aisle that was put together hastily. The makeshift aisle, decorated with bright flowers, leads them towards Remus who can't seem to stop grinning. His eyes are fixed on Sirius, and he looks overjoyed. Maggie catches Fred's gaze, and he winks at her, making her smile.

Remus presses a kiss to Maggie's cheek before the blonde moves to stand next to Harry who is dabbing at his face with a handkerchief.

"Why have you got- Oh my god!" Maggie snorts causing the officiator to look at her. "Oh sorry, continue"

"Shut your mouth, Margot," Harry hisses and the witch nods, miming zipping her lips.

The ceremony was beautiful and by the end, Maggie and Harry were almost fully sobbing as they watched Sirius and Remus speak their vows. With a flick of Maggie's hand, white flower petals begin to drift down like snow.

"Really getting the hang of this goddess thing huh?"

"Do you really want us to start going back and forth with questions?" Maggie quirks an eyebrow at Harry who shakes his head. "Didn't think so"

Maggie wanders over to Fred as people begin to join Remus and Sirius on the dancefloor. The wizard grins at her before dipping into a bow, extending his hand to her. Maggie smiles, taking his hand as he leads her to the dance floor.

"I hate to admit this," Fred whispers. "But you look really good in green. Does it match your underwear?"

"Fred!" Maggie gasps, slapping his arm. "You horny bastard!"

"Well," Fred raises an eyebrow when Maggie leans close to him, her lips brushing his ear.

"What underwear?"

"You sly minx,"