32

The maze is so dark, the only light is provided by Maggie's wand as she holds it up to see ahead of her

The maze is so dark, the only light is provided by Maggie's wand as she holds it up to see ahead of her. Her eyes scan the area as rustling fills the air. A shriek escapes her lips when an acromantula appears before, emerging from the hedges.

"INCEDIO!"

A jet of fire bursts from Maggie's wand, hitting the spider in its eyes causing the creature to scream in pain. Maggie doesn't give the creature time to recover before casting a stunning spell followed by a petrifying spell, rendering the spider stiff.

Maggie runs past the creature's body, jogging to the next turn before coming face to face with a sphinx. The creature smiles at her before beginning to speak.

"I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no body, but I come alive with wind. What am I?"

"What happens if I don't answer?"

"I eat you,"

"Okay, so the answer," Maggie taps her chin. "Speak with no mouth, hear- Oh wait! An echo!"

"Correct," The sphinx nods before moving out of Maggie's path.

Maggie's heart pounds in her chest as she continues through the maze, the encounter with the acromantula still fresh in her mind. The dim light of her wand casts eerie shadows on the hedges, adding to the unsettling atmosphere.

As she turns another corner, she's confronted by a blast of cold wind, and her eyes widen as a Dementor glides into view. The air becomes heavy, and Maggie feels a chill down her spine.

Memories of her grandfather's death intensify, threatening to overwhelm her. Memories of her years of agony and misery threaten to overwhelm her but she pushes them aside.

Deep brown eyes fill her head, a crown-shaped beanie being placed on her head, and a velvet box containing a beautiful ring.

"EXPECTO PATRONUM!" Maggie shouts, her voice wavering but determined.

A silvery light erupts from her wand, taking the shape of a swan. The Patronus soars at the Dementor, forcing it to retreat to avoid the white light. But her relief is short-lived when a branch snaps behind her causing her to whip around to face Viktor Krum.

As Maggie locks eyes with him, a sense of unease creeps up on her. She notices a strange, milky sheen coating his eyes as he slowly raises his wand, pointing it directly at her chest. A feeling of fear envelops her as he stares at her, his face void of any emotion.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"What is necessary for you to learn your lesson. Crucio!"

Maggie drops to the ground as crippling hot agony courses through every fibre of her being. Screams of pain escape her lips as she writhes on the ground, clawing at her skin in an attempt to stop the pain.

"STOP!" Maggie screams. "STOP!"

"Stupefy!"

The pain stops and Maggie takes in deep breaths as Viktor Krum slumps to the ground, revealing Harry who had his wand raised. He is quick to drop down next to Maggie, helping her sit up as he gently rubs her back.

"You want to be pulled out?" Harry asks and Maggie shakes her head.

"We can split the money," Maggie says, getting to her feet. "Not that either of us really needs it"

"Alright, let's go," Harry nods and they begin to continue through the maze. "Honestly, this is a bit of a pisstake"

"A bit?" Maggie snorts. "We're trapped in a maze full of killer creatures and insane champions apparently"

Harry and Maggie discovered that their skills complemented each other perfectly when it came to battling dangerous creatures. Harry's talent in defensive spells allowed him to shield both himself and Maggie from enemy attacks, while Maggie's offensive approach enabled her to strike fearlessly and take down the threats.

"We're doing well," Maggie pants out as they run through the maze. "Reckon Krum's up yet?"

"Probably,"

"So we should keep running right?"

"Definitely," Harry nods.

As Harry and Maggie make their way through the maze, they suddenly come face to face with a Blast-Ended Skrewt, a dangerous creature with a fiery end. Harry quickly reacts and raises his wand, creating a shimmering protective shield to guard against the creature's attack. Meanwhile, Maggie remains calm and focused, conjuring a stunning spell that effectively neutralizes the threat and clears the path ahead.

"That was close," Harry comments, his breaths coming out in quick bursts. "Bloody Hagrid"

"Too close," Maggie agrees, wiping sweat from her forehead. "Let's not get cosy with any more giant creatures, shall we?"

"Agreed,"

"Harry, is that-"

"The Cup,"

Maggie and Harry exchange a quick glance, a moment of silent communication passing between them before they take off running down the narrow path that leads to a small clearing. As they emerge from the shadows, the soft blue glow emanating from the cup in the centre of the clearing illuminates their faces, casting an otherworldly light on the scene.

"Together?"

"Together,"

Maggie and Harry find themselves sprawled on the ground, disoriented and confused. The blue glow of the Triwizard Cup fades away, and they realize they are no longer in the maze but somewhere entirely unfamiliar.

"What the fuck?"