11

Maggie loved the weekends, she didn't have to get up early

Maggie loved the weekends, she didn't have to get up early. She could relax all day, just doing nothing. That's how she had spent pretty much every birthday.

Topsy would sing Happy Birthday when she was younger before giving her a cupcake and a knitted piece of clothing. Maggie's favourite was a cream beanie that rarely ever left her head when the weather became cold.

"MAGGIE, GET UP!"

A figure jumping on her bed causes Maggie to groan, turning over in an attempt to ignore Ginny Weasley. This didn't deter the girl at all as she continued shaking Maggie and to Maggie's horror, Hermione also joined in.

"You're both evil," Maggie groans into her pillow, her eye cracking open to look at her alarm clock. "You're waking me up at eight in the morning?!"

"Yes, suck it up buttercup," Hermione grins at her.

"Alright," Maggie groans, rolling towards the edge of the bed.

The witch sighs, her eyes already beginning to fall shut once her bed stopped rocking. Her eyes fly open and a yelp escapes her lips when her mattress is lifted, causing her to fall straight onto the floor.

"You both have a death wish,"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Maggie enters the common room and is showered in glitter and confetti, causing her to blink in surprise. A united shout of 'Happy Birthday' echoes through the common room, all of her new friends and Cedric were standing in the Gryffindor Common Room, glitter and confetti cannons in their hands.

"The big one seven!" Cedric cheers.

Maggie reaches up and ruffles her hair, shaking out some of the glitter and confetti. When she moved in the light, the glitter that remained sparkled in her hair like rubies. Hermione hands everyone the milkshakes that she and Ginny had prepared that morning.

"Presents!" Ginny calls.

"You didn't-"

"Shut up," Fred nudges her. "Besides, George and I have a surprise for you"

The twins disappear before bringing a large cake into the room. Maggie bites her lip to prevent her laughter.

The cake was extremely lopsided and slathered in different coloured icing. Candles were sitting haphazardly on the top as everyone began to sing to her.

"Made it ourselves," Fred beams at her once the singing ends.

"It looks great," Maggie can't stop her lips curving up into an amused smile.

"Taste it!" George exclaims, handing everyone slices on paper plates.

Maggie grabs a fork, poking at the cake. All of their friends share worried looks before getting a small piece of the cake on their forks.