26

Maggie's eyes crack open, spluttering when she finds her mouth full of Hermione's no longer tamed curls

"I heard about what you said to Ron," Hermione says. "And I wanted to say thank you"

"You'd do the same for me,"

"I think I'd just jelly-leg jinx him,"

"You definitely have more tact than I do,"

"It's Christmas," Hermione says and Maggie hums with a nod. "I have to see Ron"

"I don't think he'll say much or more he won't dare," Maggie states. "I'm pretty sure he peed a bit in fear last night"

"You really tore into him huh?"

"Yes I did, nobody messes with your big bushy head and gets away with it, he's just lucky I didn't punch him,"

"ARE YOU TWO COMING OR WHAT?" George hollers up the stairs.

Hermione and Maggie both groan opting to roll towards the edge of the bed before sitting up. Maggie turns to look at Hermione and a snort falls from her lips.

The Sleekeazy potion that had tamed her hair the night before had clearly worn off. Hermione's hair stuck out at all angles, defying all laws of gravity.

"Wow," Maggie raises an eyebrow.

"Shut up," Hermione grumbles, shoving Maggie off of the bed.

"Ouch! You grumpy cow, where's your festive spirit?"

"I didn't exactly have a great Christmas Eve?"

"You're going to let Ronald Weasley shit on your Christmas Day?" Maggie asks from her position on the floor.

"No," Hermione shakes her head defiantly. "He has no power over me"

"Exactly," Maggie nods. "Now how did it go with Viktor?"

"I got a snog,"

"And?"

"And?"

"Hermione Jean, you're a terrible liar,"

"Fine, there may have been a slight gropage of my bum,"

"I told you he was a pervert!" Maggie exclaims. "However, I do think we should discuss the fact that you snogged Ron's man crush in front of him. Let his head burst"

"You're evil,"

"YOU TWO ARE TAKING THE PISS NOW!"

"ALRIGHT! WE'RE FUCKING COMING!"

"THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!"

Hermione giggles at George's antics as Maggie shakes her head fondly before getting to her feet. The two girls wander down the steps towards the common room where their friends have congregated. Maggie drifts over to Fred, sitting next to him before resting her legs on his lap. Hermione sits next to George who throws his arm around her shoulders.

"Merry Christmas all," Maggie grins, taking the glass of firewhisky that George offered to her.

"Really Maggie?" Hermione raises an eyebrow and the girl shrugs.

"It's a time to be merry is it not?"

"To a bloody good Christmas!" Fred declares, raising his glass.

"To mischief and mayhem!" George adds.

The three clink their glasses together before draining their glasses as Harry and Ginny cheer them on. Once their glasses were set down, presents started to be distributed between everyone.

The common room was filled with sounds of merriment and thanks as everyone opened their gifts. Maggie had received on stack of notebooks and muggle pens from Hermione, a top-of-the-range potion kit from Harry, enchanted hair rollers from Ginny and Ron, a knitted beanie and fudge from Mrs Weasley, a book advanced healing from George and the only present left was from Fred.

Maggie carefully unwraps the small box that Fred hands her, revealing a delicately crafted silver ring nestled within. The band itself is a masterpiece, intricately designed to resemble sinuous vines that wind gracefully around her finger.

At the centre of the ring, a dainty rose captures the eye, its petals artfully carved to perfection. The tiny flower boasts a delicate pink gem at its heart, casting a subtle rosy glow.

Fred watches her reaction with a mix of anticipation and pride, eager to see her response to the carefully chosen gift. As Maggie delicately lifts the ring from its cushioned nest, the silver catches the ambient light, casting a glimmering reflection in her eyes.

"It's not much," Fred starts to say, but Maggie interrupts with an astonished expression.

"Oh Fred, it's beautiful," she breathes out, turning the ring in her hand to admire it from every angle.

"Here,"

Fred takes the ring from the box and slides it on Maggie's left middle finger. Once the ring was on, Hermione and Ginny were quick to grab Maggie's hand and examine the ring, chattering excitedly.

"It's a pair," Fred says, showing Maggie the ring on his left middle finger.

"It's a pair," Fred announces, showcasing the ring on his left middle finger.

His own ring was a sleek silver band that glinted in the firelight. Roses and vines were engraved into the ring, mirroring Maggie's ring.

"They're enchanted mood rings," Fred says. "If you focus on me, you'll be able to know what I feel and vice versa"

"Thank you, Fred," she says, leaning in to give him a quick peck on the cheek. "I love it."

Fred's ears turn slightly pink but the smile on his face shows his happiness as Maggie beams up at him. Her blue eyes sparkle with joy as her eyes clash with his brown ones.

"Well," Harry is the one to speak, breaking Maggie and Fred's quiet moment. "I am bloody starving"

"I second that!" Ginny chimes in. "The feast starts soon so get moving everyone"

 "The feast starts soon so get moving everyone"