9

Maggie once again finds herself sitting alone as her eyes scan her schedule for the year

Maggie once again finds herself sitting alone as her eyes scan her schedule for the year. Her first lesson of the day was Defence Against the Dark Arts. She blinks as the words shift slightly but then she realises that the reason the words were moving was because her hands were trembling again.

Her eyes scan for any watchful eyes as she grabs her goblet, pulling it into her lap before allowing two drops of Topsy's potion to fall into her drink. Maggie quickly knocks the drink back and then stares at her hands, waiting for the tremors to reduce to the mild shaking she had become accustomed to.

"What do you reckon that was?" Fred asks his twin.

"Remember when Bill got bitten by that snake in Egypt?" George asks. "He had really bad convulsions and tremors, I'm pretty sure that's the same potion"

"What is she epileptic or something?"

"Many things can cause tremors," George shrugs. "Maybe you in a creepy bunny mask caused her anxiety to heighten, I know I'd have nightmares about that for the rest of my life"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Maggie had never seen so many students actually be on time for a lesson. The classroom was full except for a seat next to Marcus Flint, causing Maggie to sigh loudly. The blonde slides into the chair next to the boy, dropping her bag on the floor.

"Looking good McKinnon,"

Maggie decides not to dignify his comment with a response. Instead, she focuses her attention on the two heads of fiery red hair in front of her, their conversation proving far more interesting than anything Marcus had to say. She rolls her eyes when Marcus persists in trying to engage her.

"My family have put forward a proposal to your grandfather for us to be betrothed," The boy whispers in her ear.

His hot breath hitting her face causes her to shudder, leaning away from the boy. He places his hand on Maggie's leg, causing the witch to jump so violently that her knee slams against the desk. The twins fall silent, listening to the conversation behind them.

"Do not touch me," Maggie shakes her head.

"We may be married one day," Flint leers. "You should become comfortable with the thought of me touching you"

George shoots to his feet, slamming his hands on the desk before turning to face Maggie and Flint. He grabs his bag before moving next to Maggie's chair, leaning down to mutter in her ear.

"Sit with Fred,"

Maggie grabs her bag, evading Marcus' desperate reach for her. The witch takes the seat next to Fred who places a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Hey Flint," George grins at the boy, batting his eyelids. "Want to touch someone who's actually consenting?"

Loud clunking footsteps stop Flint from retorting as George leans back in his chair. All eyes follow the movements of Alastor Moody. The Auror grabs a piece of chalk before beginning to write on the chalkboard causing students to wince when loud squeaks fill the air.