30

Maggie pushes the door to Sirius' room open, George in tow and their eyebrows fly up in surprise

Maggie pushes the door to Sirius' room open, George in tow and their eyebrows fly up in surprise. Sirius was not the only occupant in his bed, behind the curly-haired man was Remus, both of them sleeping soundly.

"Well, I suppose the both of them won't hurt," George shrugs.

"Sirius!" Maggie hisses, poking at the man's shoulder.

"Maggie, go away,"

"Sirius, you need to wake up, right now," Maggie says, "It's ser- It's important"

The man sighs before his eyes open and he sees Maggie and George, both of their face are solemn. At their faces, he sits up signalling for the two to turn and they do so, their hands flying to cover their eyes as a precaution.

"Sirius?"

"Go back to sleep Rem,"

Maggie and George walk out of the room and Sirius follows them, wearing a fluffy pink robe. His arms are folded over his chest as he stares at the two teenagers. Maggie wouldn't fully face him and that didn't sit right with the man.

"What's going on?"

"Just come on," Maggie pulls Sirius by his arm.

They walk into the kitchen and Sirius' eyes widen at the sight before him. Molly Weasley lying on the ground, covered only by a wet, thin blanket. He looks at George and Maggie who are a good few paces away from the unconscious woman as if she'd jump and bite them.

"What the fuck?" Sirius whispers, pushing the kitchen door closed.

"She's an alcoholic Sirius," George says. "She's been sober for six nearly seven years. But she's drank almost all of your firewhisky in these past few days"

"What happened to her face?"

Maggie and George don't answer immediately, clearly having a conversation with their eyes. Maggie shakes her head and George nods causing Maggie to shake her head again.

"Out with it,"

"She slapped Maggie," George says, turning Maggie's head so Sirius can see the handprint and cut on Maggie's face. "Was gonna curse her as well if she told anyone so Maggie bopped her in the nose"

"Where's Fred?" Sirius asks.

"He stormed out," George says. "We managed to convince him to help get her inside. But I don't think he'll forgive her this time. Hell, I don't know if I will"

"I can't believe she's done this," Sirius mutters, his eyes narrowing as he studies Molly's unconscious form.

"We need to figure out what to do next," Maggie says quietly.

Sirius takes a deep breath and then nods. "First, let's get her into a proper bed. We can't leave her here."

George and Sirius lift Molly between them, making their way up the stairs. Maggie follows after them, all of their expressions are tense.