27

The Great Hall was filled with chatter as students indulged themselves in the luxurious Christmas feast

The Great Hall was filled with chatter as students indulged themselves in the luxurious Christmas feast. Maggie had been slowly picking at the food on her plate and Fred would gently squeeze her hand whenever he felt a spike of anxiety through the ring.

Ron had been uncharacteristically quiet all day, his eyes always flickering to Hermione. The girl paid him no mind, eagerly chattering away to George who was more than happy to speak to the girl. Even though Hermione would deny it till her dying breath, Maggie was sure she had overheard Hermione giving George tips on potential products.

"Ron," Maggie's call of his name causes the boy to look up. "Here"

Maggie hands the boy a copy of Quidditch through the ages and Ron opens the book, his jaw slacking. "Is that-"

"The signatures of all of the Bulgarian Quidditch Team and the Chudley Cannons?" Maggie finishes his question. "Yes. I had to go and grab it from Viktor earlier which is why I couldn't give it you this morning"

"Blimey, Maggie, this is... amazing!" Ron exclaims, his eyes scanning the signatures of the renowned Quidditch players.

Ron looks genuinely touched, with gratitude and surprise written across his face. "This is the best present ever!"

Maggie shrugs nonchalantly. "Well, friends argue but at the end of the day they're still friends, no matter if you're a fool"

"Water under the bridge?" Ron asks.

"For me, yes," Maggie nods. "But you'll have to speak to Hermione yourself"

"Not today," Ron says. "She's having a good day, I don't want to ruin it"

"Is that maturity?" Fred squints at his brother. "Are you feeling okay ickle Ronniekins?"

Ron chuckles. "Just trying not to mess things up for once. You know, keeping the peace during Christmas and all that."

"I'm so proud," Fred grins. "He's taking after us, peace and quiet"

"I'm surprised those words are even in your vocabulary" Maggie teases Fred. "You and your better half are the most chaotic and loud people I know"

"Loud, you want to talk about loud-"

"La la la la-" Ron clamps his hands over his ears.

"I forgot we had innocent ears," Fred sighs, resting his chin on Maggie's shoulder.

"You're both foul," Ron grimaces. "You're going to put me off of my food"

"It truly must be foul if you don't want to eat," Harry chimes into the conversation.

"They were discussing-" Ron grimaces. "Sex"

"Okay?" Harry's eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Why is that an issue?"

"It's a dinner table and that's my brother," Ron huffs. "The last thing I want to hear about when I'm eating is their sex life"

"Whose sex life?" Lee asks as he and Cedric sit at the table with them.