36

The grand atrium of the Ministry building seems huge as the group of teenagers dash through it, their frantic footsteps reverberating across the expanse

The grand atrium of the Ministry building seems huge as the group of teenagers dash through it, their frantic footsteps reverberating across the expanse. The polished marble floor glimmers in the dim light, and the ornate pillars that line the room tower overhead like sentinels. Not a single soul is in sight, and the only sound that fills the air is the sharp thud of their shoes striking the ground.

"Stairs?" Harry asks.

"Ministry lifts move quicker than we would on stairs"

As the group enters the lift, they quickly grab onto the handles above their heads. The metallic grate slides shut with a screech, enclosing them in the small, dimly lit space. Suddenly, the lift jolts backwards, sending them hurtling downward.

The sensation of weightlessness causes some in the group to gasp and heave, while Maggie squeezes her eyes shut tightly. The sound of metal scraping against metal fills the air as the lift grinds to a halt. A robotic voice breaks the silence, announcing their arrival at their destination.

"Department of Mysteries,"

As the gate in front of the lift clatters open, the group of teenagers step out. Harry leads the way, while the others follow closely behind. As they make their way down the dimly-lit corridor, Maggie can't shake off the feeling of unease that creeps over her. Every step seems to take them deeper into the unknown, and she begins to wonder if they should turn back.

As Harry pushes the heavy door open, the room reveals itself to be a breathtaking sight. The vast space seems to stretch on endlessly. The entire room is lined with towering shelves, each one reaching a dizzying height.

Yet, what is truly breathtaking is what the shelves held - countless glowing orbs, each one containing a prophecy. The soft light emanating from the orbs fills the room with an otherworldly glow, making it seem as if they had stepped into a realm beyond imagination.

"It's beautiful," Ginny whispers.

"Something isn't right," Maggie whispers. "Harry put it back!"

"Why? It's got my name on,"

"Exactly, only people whose names are on prophecies can-"

"Smart girl," A death eater walks forward, removing his mask to reveal Lucius Malfoy. "You know, Potter, you really should learn to tell the difference between dreams and reality. You saw what the Dark Lord wanted you to see. Now hand me the prophecy"

"He's not giving you shit!" Maggie snaps, pushing Harry behind her.

"Miss Crouch-McKinnon," Lucius sneers at her. "You and I have unfinished business"

"Try me," Maggie's face remains expressionless when Lucius' wand flies to her chin.

"I'll smash it!" Harry says and Lucius pulls his wand away.