34

"You're planning to do what now?" Maggie asks

"We're going to go out with a bang!" Fred grins.

"No, I got that but-"

"She's calm," George frowns.

"Three, two, one-" Fred watches Maggie's face as he counts down.

"ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?"

"Mags-"

"You're going to blow up a Ministry Official? In-" The witch checks Fred's watch. "Twenty minutes and you've only just decided to tell me?"

"We're not going to blow her up," George shakes his head. "That's ridiculous. We've got a dragon firework that will chomp her-"

"George-" Fred shakes his head.

"Fine," Maggie sighs, pinching her nose. "But I have one condition"

"Name it,"

"You use a firework to smash every single one of those stupid decrees,"

"For you love?" Fred grins. "Of course"

"Right well, you two best get your shit together then," Maggie says. "I'm expecting a lab set up for me once I've graduated"

"You could come with us,"

"And face the wrath of Circe for not valuing my education, absolutely not," Maggie shakes her head. "She'll have a field day with you two though"

"We can face it," George nods. "I think"

"Hm," Maggie raises an eyebrow. "Well I'm going to go and be conveniently placed near the Great Hall"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

A small firework whips past Maggie's head, circling her a few times before shooting up in the air and exploding. The clicking of heels fills her ears before the doors creak open to reveal Umbridge whose eyes move straight to Maggie before another firework zips in front of her face.

"Miss Crouch, what is the meaning of this?"

"Oh I wish I could take credit for this," Maggie grins. "But not my doing I'm afraid"

"Why aren't you in uniform?"

"I'm technically not a student because I've finished my exams so summer dress because it's summer,"

Maggie watches in as yet another firework zips past her, exploding in a shower of pink sparks right in front of Professor Umbridge's face. She can't help but smirk at the sight of the stern Professor, who looks utterly flustered and annoyed. Maggie takes a few large steps back, just in case she gets caught in the crossfire.

Suddenly, two figures on brooms whoosh past Umbridge, their raucous cheers filling Maggie's ears. Maggie cheers loudly as she watches Fred and George burst into the exam hall. With flicks of their wands, they send the exam papers flying through the halls, much to the horror of the other students.

As they zoom past, fireworks explode above the students in a dazzling array of colours. Maggie watches in awe as blue, orange, and purple sparks light up the corridor, making it seem like a magical wonderland. It's a chaotic scene, but somehow it's also beautiful and exhilarating at the same time.

The sudden burst of light catches Professor Umbridge off guard, causing her to blink rapidly. Maggie, with a mischievous grin on her face, waves the freshly printed polaroid in front of her, the image slowly coming into focus.

"I needed a picture of this moment,"

"I will have order," The woman huffs.

"Go ahead," Maggie snorts. "Go get your order"

Umbridge walks forward, attempting to make students sit back down which falls on deaf ears. Maggie watches as George throws Fred a large red fireworks and the witch's grin gets larger when Fred lights it before tossing it in the air.

As the Great Hall is illuminated by a myriad of colours, a deafening roar echoes across the area. The smoke clears to reveal a magnificent firework, highlighted by the emergence of a fearsome, fiery dragon.

The fiery beast sets its sights on the target - Umbridge. She screams in terror as she frantically tries to flee, but the fiery creature seems to have her in its sights. Its eyes lock onto her, and there's no stopping the dragon's pursuit.

The entire crowd is transfixed as they witness the massive dragon swooping down and clamping its powerful jaws around Umbridge. The impact is intense, causing smaller fireworks to burst forth from the dragon's mouth and shatter the numerous educational decrees that were in close proximity, creating a dazzling shower of sparkling glass.

As the dazzling fireworks display comes to an end, the magnificent dragon that was created out of flames gradually fades away. In its wake, a shower of scorched parchment and shattered glass rains down upon the ground.

Within a matter of mere seconds, the wooden frames that are holding the educational decrees in place begin to fall from the wall, shattering into countless tiny fragments upon the unforgiving stone floor.

Maggie rushes out into the courtyard where Fred is waiting on his broom, his eyes eagerly scanning the area. As soon as he spots her, a wide grin spreads across his face, and he leans down to plant a tender kiss on her lips. The students around them cheer even louder as the couple pulls apart.

"I'll see you soon love,"

"See you soon,"