18

When Maggie made her way into the lively Gryffindor Common Room, she was greeted with cheers and colourful banners

When Maggie made her way into the lively Gryffindor Common Room, she was greeted with cheers and colourful banners. The spirited atmosphere was electrifying, with students hailing her arrival and waving banners emblazoned with "2-4-1" in bold red letters that shimmered in the warm glow of the room.

Yet, amidst the jubilant crowd, her gaze connects with Fred's, and his beaming smile fades into a look of concern as he notices the crimson marking and the fresh cut on Maggie's cheek.

The joyous air suddenly felt a bit colder, and his eyes narrowed at the sight. George catches the change in his brother's demeanour and leans closer, his curiosity piqued.

"What happened to her face?" He asks, his voice filled with genuine concern as he stares at the red mark on Maggie's cheek.

Fred's expression darkens, and he glances back at Maggie, who is accepting drinks that are being handed to her, a smile on her face.

"Not my story to tell," He replies. "You'll have to ask Maggie"

Harry enters the common room and the cheers increase again as people swarm the boy. Angelina Johnson presses a kiss to his cheek as Padma Patil begins to fawn over Harry, causing Ginny to scowl at the girl.

"Two of the best in our house," Angelina beams. "We're sure to win! Oliver's going to be so upset he's missing this"

"I think it's a good thing," Maggie nudges Angelina. "He'd have a stroke over the fact that Quidditch has been cancelled"

Fred wastes no time as he grabs Maggie's wrist and leads her up the stairs to his dormitory. The raucous cheers and whistles from the students were nothing but background noise as he focused on getting Maggie to his room. Once they reach his dorm, he swings the door open, and Maggie takes a seat on his bed, her eyes fixed on her reflection in Fred's mirror.

As she examines her marked cheek in the mirror, Maggie can't help but make a joke, amusement lining her voice.

"He got me good this time. Must be working on his swing,"

"That's not funny," Fred snaps, grabbing a tub of yellow paste.

"Come on, it's quite funny,"

"No, it's not," Fred's voice is firm as he gently applies the paste to her reddening cheek, avoiding the cut. "This isn't a joke. You're in denial, you have been for a long time"

"Don't talk about things you don't understand," Maggie shakes her head, all traces of humour gone from her voice.

"Then help me understand," Fred says. "Tell me how you can laugh and joke about being abused by your grandfather. Explain to me how you get out of bed each day because I know I couldn't"

"You have parents who love you," Maggie murmurs. "You get up and face the day knowing you are loved by a big family. I wake up every day knowing that my mother and her entire family were massacred, that I'm scared of my escaped convict father and my grandfather, both of whom enjoy torturing me day in and day out"

"You didn't answer my question," Fred shakes his head. "What gets you out of bed in the morning?"

"Flopsy, my house-elf, she raised me," Maggie murmurs. "Knowing I need to go to classes to find ways to make advances in healing, knowing that one of the men that killed my mother is alive motivates me to get out of bed every day"

"I was thinking," Fred sits next to Maggie on the bed. "You said about customer segmentation right?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, what if we made a healing section?" Fred asks. "Affordable pricing, you can test the products on me and George"

"You'd really do that?" Maggie asks.

"I'd do anything for you, Maggie," Fred murmurs. "You need to know that"

"Why?" Maggie asks.

"Because," He begins, his voice filled with a vulnerability Maggie had never heard before. "I care about you, Maggie. You make me feel things I haven't felt before. I can't stand seeing you hurt or in pain. When I make you laugh, when I know I'm responsible for that spark of joy in your eyes- I can't explain it"

"Fred, I-"

Their lips meet in a soft, tender kiss, a culmination of unspoken feelings that had lingered between them for far too long. In that moment, the world outside seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of them in the quiet intimacy of the dormitory.

 In that moment, the world outside seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of them in the quiet intimacy of the dormitory