Ch. 2| Sugar

Jake was watching us from a bit far away. Guess she didn't need any help at all. He whispered something to the official queenka of Seoul National University, Yoon Yeri to ask the other girls to leave from Heeseung's side to give us two some alone time.

"Comfortable there, doll?" The tone of his dark manly voice sent a shiver down my spine. There was something different about his voice. It was soft and mellow, yet when deepened it sounded threatening.

I nodded with a blank smile, trying hard to not give it away how desperate I felt for him. Heeseung also smiled but the reason behind it was he could read the girl sitting on his lap like an open book.

I knew I seemed confident and bold, giving the aura of being fully aware of my attractiveness but at the same time, it was clearly visible that I wanted him, thus earning the minuses.

"When did you transfer? I don't think I have seen you before," Heeseung asked, wrapping my waist with just one arm and resting his other hand on my thigh.

"Why do you think you would remember if you had seen me? Is my face that memorable?" I attempted to answer confidently which made Heeseung slightly crack up.

"I think I honestly would—"

Heeseung slowed the pace of his speaking in the middle of the sentence as he got busy staring at my currently exposed shoulder due to me flipping all of my hair to one side using my hand.

I internally patted myself, thanking my lucky stars for wearing an off-the-shoulder dress that night.

The male was intently gazing at me, making an eye contact which I did not dare to break. He lifted his hand which was resting on my thigh before and kept it around my neck.

I did not say anything, earnestly looking forward to whatever was about to happen. Heeseung used the tip of his index finger to trace down my neck slowly, causing me to close my eyes.

His cold touch on my bare skin made me feel unspeakably vulnerable in front of him. But he stopped right above my chest, letting a lingering feeling stay over there for me.

My eyes opened and eyebrows twitched. A flood of annoyance stung me from inside. Heeseung smirked, being very well aware of his effect on every girl.

"I was wondering why Jake introduced you to me," he muttered with an incomprehensible smile, "But now I think I more or less know the reason." This particular remark kind of boosted my confidence in myself.

"So do you think we can distance ourselves from the others and go somewhere else where we can be alone, just the two of us?" I tilted my head to the side to make the suggestion sound less seductive than it actually was.

Heeseung was already aware of what I wanted, to spend the night with him just the same as other girls but he did not want to give it to me so easily. As much as he was having fun with me, his pride was extremely important to him.

"Let's play a game of 'What ifs'," Heeseung proposed, confusing me. "You are gonna ask me questions?"

Heeseung slowly nodded before speaking, "What if I tell you that I need to be in the office right now? My dad asked me to be there in half an hour."

"Well I can accompany you." My answer made Heeseung cackle. "For what would I need you there?"

I stuttered to find a plausible answer. "Well I am in department of medicine. So I may come in handy, you never know," I tried my best to reason.

Heeseung cocked one eyebrow. Bringing his lips closer to my ear, he whispered in a husky voice, "Didn't know med students these days are so fucking hot."

I knew it was a compliment and not just because I was attractive but also because Heeseung was slowly getting trapped.

Other girls also acted desperate for him as I did but I seemed still somewhat different—interesting to him, or probably just a new toy for him to play temporarily.

My cheeks reddened at his voice saying those words. "So should I take that as a cue for us to finally move to somewhere alone?"

Heeseung slyly smiled at me. "You wish but what to do, sweetheart," the new nickname for me rolling out of his tongue managed to fluster me even more, "I am actually needed at my dad's office tonight."

His smile never left his lips as he said it, causing me to purse my lips. I placed my palms on his chest, staring into his dark brown pair of orbs.

"I think we will be able to have fun before you leave if we hurry. Who cares if you are a little late, right?"

Heeseung held the sides of my waist, pulling me closer if that was even possible. The tip of his fingers soothing me from over the layer of fabrics of my outfit.

Our breaths entangled with each other, sending an euphoric sensation to my mind.

"The game of 'What ifs' is not finished yet, Ryu Jiah. What's the fun if the answers get revealed before we even play, no?"

Saying that, he lifted me up and placed me down on my feet.

The male grabbed my jaw, causing my face to inch closer to his. My breathing pace became abnormal. I felt ecstatically suffocated. It was in sync with the beating of my heart.

"That lipstick of yours is just begging to be ruined but gotta go now sugar."

I watched the back of the man leaving his own party as if it was the most obvious thing.

________

Vote for the chapter please!!

This was the end of the flashback! Now from the next chapter we will continue from current state!