Ch. 23| Food

Jiah's POV

My eyebrows furrowed immediately when I realised it was morning even without even opening my eyes, causing me to stuff my face into the pillow.

As if ignoring the blinding sunlight was not enough, I could hear the ringtone of my phone all of a sudden. Let me sleep, please!

My eyebrows furrowed due to my terrible choice of ringtone. I will change it today for sure. Instead of picking it up, I clutched onto my head which was stinging because of it. Before I could finally open my eyes, it had already stopped ringing.

Sighing a breath of relief, I looked around the unfamiliar place. Suddenly, Jaemin's face flashed in my mind. He was one of my guy friends in medicine department, partying with me last night.

"Fuck," I abruptly sat up. What if I spent the last night with him in his house? What if something happened between us? I could not remember anything after I had gotten drunk.

Why did I get drunk so fucking much?

"Don't fucking curse the first thing in the morning," someone mumbled from beside me. Heeseung? His face was stuffed into the pillow. I turned to him. "Why am I with you in the same fucking bed?"

The male sat up on the bed. Cocking his head to the side, Heeseung smirked before he inched closer to me. I stiffened at my place. Without realising, I somehow found myself getting intimidated by the closeness with him.

Heeseung took a strand of my hair before slowly tucking it behind my ear. "Well, you got so desperate last night," he spoke in a husky voice that managed to send a chill down my spine. "I tried to stop you so much but you weren't just paying heed to me."

I gulped anxiously. If anything happened between us, I would have to tell Sunghoon. What will he think of me, then? "God, Ryu Jiah, I would have let you go with that guy last night if I had known that you were so badly in need of attention."

"Shut up," I smacked his hand away from my face. "I was drunk. So if even something happened last night wouldn't mean anything." Heeseung darkly chuckled. "You wish, doll."

"Huh?"

"As much as you wish something to happen between us, nothing really did since someone-" He pointed to himself, "was sober enough to prevent that. Also-" Heeseung got up from the bed, "I don't want you to share my campus popularity, spreading rumours about us to have a 'thing'."

The male grimaced just at the thought of it. I let out a scoff. "Do you even realise who you are saying that to? I don't need you to get popular in the campus. I bet you also have this year's university magazine with my face plastered on it's front page."

Heeseung rolled his eyes at me before getting out of the room, muttering, "Again, you wish." His words reminded me things that held more importance. I rushed out of the bedroom behind the male. Following him around his condo, I kept blabbering,

"So nothing actually happened between us, did it? We were sleeping in the same bed. How do you explain it, then? Are you sure, you were sober? Wait, what if you took advantage of me? Come on, tell me! Not even a kiss?"

Heeseung spun around to face me after getting downstairs. "Oh sweetheart, I am not the one to judge but anyone, I swear anyone present here biased towards you or completely neutral would assume that you sound kind of disappointed."

I halted abruptly. A tinge of pink hue flashed on my cheeks which I failed to hide from Heeseung. "Tell me." He stepped closer to me.

The ravenette tilted his head to the side, softening his expression. "Do you want something to happen between us? I still have some time left before my classes start. If you want it that much, I may change my mind. You know?"

He brought his lips closer to my ear. "I can't really see pretty girls getting upset." That was when it hit me, how close we were in reality. I kept both of my hands on his chest. My fingers lightly brushed over his skin through his halfway buttoned shirt and slowly pushed him away.

"I am sorry, Mr. Lee. I can't take advantage of your kindness. So I will keep my desires to myself."

Heeseung let out a laugh at my choice of words. "Stop torturing your small brain and eat first." My eyes lit up at the mention of food. I had not eaten anything from last night.

"Are you going to cook for me?" I looked at Heeseung with puppy eyes which earned me another roll of eyes from him. "Since I don't let anyone enter my kitchen and I need food right now so I may cook another serving and give it to a beggar to earn some merits, that's all."

"Beggar?" My eyes widened. "With that weight of yours, you are in no position to beg to differ," The male sarcastically said. "You are stupid," I retorted with the first insult that came to my mind.

"That's your best insult?" Heeseung stifled his laugh, making sure that I noticed it just to annoy me even more.

"I don't want your food. Just let me go home."

________

Vote for the chapter please!

How was your day so far? I'm always sorry for not being able to update even faster. I'm trying tho. I hope you are enjoying the book ❣️