Ch. 6| Stare

Another morning sleep of mine got ruined by my phone buzzing next to my ear. "Hoon, I'm sorry I slept in again. Just wait for a few minutes, I will be—"

 Just wait for a few minutes, I will be—"

"Morning, princess. You can sleep as much as you want. I won't mind since I'm not mean like Sunghoon," his husky sleepy voice with a chuckle following afterwards made my heart skip a beat.

That voice—

I instantly detached the phone from my ear to see the name on the screen. It flashed, 'My Hottest Crush." An exasperated sigh left my lips as I remembered Heeseung saving his number in my phone.

I pressed the phone against my ear, feeling myself longing to hear his voice again. How can a person sound so hot and literally like an angel at the same time?

Why is he so perfect?

"What do you want, Heeseung?" I asked, frustratedly brushing my fingers through my hair.

"What do you possibly think I could want from you?" He asked with another chuckle. I rolled my eyes at him acting cocky with his 'I get whatever I want' and 'I have everything' personality.

"How can you talk so irrationally the first thing in the morning after waking up?" I spoke, sitting up to rest my back against the headboard.

Closing my eyes, I focused on his deep, raspy voice which usually could not be heard since he was extremely soft spoken regardless of how arrogant his personality actually was.

"Seems like I have got a stalker," Heeseung said and I knew without seeing him that he was smirking, "How did you know I just woke up?"

I scoffed in disbelief. The hardship of enduring your sexy sleepy voice made me realise. "Why am I even talking to you?"

"Of course because you like the attention I'm paying on you," Heeseung muttered as if it had been the most obvious thing with a click of his tongue.

I shook my head at him being so full of himself. "What if I say yes?" My sudden question perked up a pinch of interest inside him.

"Is that a question I even need to answer? Should I sing you a song, princess? Which one? Under the influence or something else?" He spoke, adding a snicker.

"You know what I mean, Lee? What's up with the sudden change? You had no problem with me dating your teammate before. Then why now?"

"The reason is—"

I took in a deep breath. I'm sure it's not anything plausible. I'm sure he will just be kidding again. My hand automatically fiddled with the hem of my tank top while waiting for his answer. I'm sure it's something not worth even listening to.

Then why is my heart beating so fast?

"The reason is something I will tell you later." The male snorted, being amused by himself. I squeezed my eyes shut, internally rebuking myself for even expecting something.

"But for now just know that you are hot," Heeseung uttered and his next action caused my eyes to shot open.

He pressed his lips to the phone and kissed it's speaker , making an wet smooching sound. My heartbeat went crazy as I could feel it literally throbbing inside my ribcage.

How dare he?

"I am hanging up," I said, cutting the call right after and putting it on silent mode, ignoring his hasty, "Wait!"

Heeseung called me again almost immediately but I ignored it and changed his contact information in the meantime.

I edited it to save his number as 'Obnoxious' as it suited him the best.

Hours passed by since I sat myself down in the library, asking Sunghoon to focus on his practice after he dropped me off. Anatomy was something I found fun but the amount of stuff to study was vast.

The library of our university was huge. Only the nerds and top students visited it regularly. The others used to occasionally come, specially during exams.

One person grabbing all the attention used to come regularly as well, Lee Heeseung, given that he was the top student of his faculty. Come to think of it, he is academically the best as well.

Before starting to date Sunghoon, my only job was to stare at Heeseung except the times when I would force myself to tear my gaze off of him and back on the book.

And I was questioning how he noticed that I always stared at him.

He had never sat on the same table as I did until that day.

I watched Heeseung making his way into the library before he scanned through it and his eyes landed on mine, staring at him already.

My cheeks reddened within a second when he smiled, looking directly into my eyes. Is it getting hot in here?

Heeseung stepped towards the table I was sitting on and pulled out the chair beside mine to sit on it himself. I broke eye contact with him a few seconds after he smiled as I accidentally stared at him again.

I tried to ignore his presence for the time being but it was physically impossible when I inhaled his cologne and my mind filled with his manly scent. This perfume is so Heeseung.

While taking out his books from his bag, he spoke up, "It's rude hanging up on someone while he is still talking, you know?"

I rolled my eyes at his way of pointing out that I cut his call short, deciding not to respond him still. He noticed it and nudged my arm.

I sighed before finally looking at him. "It's the library. We are not allowed to talk here, Lee."

"Wanted to tell you to not get so embarrassed just because I caught you staring."

My eyelids drooped halfway through. Obnoxious is the perfect word to describe him, after all.

_______

Vote for the chapter please!

Hey! How's the book so far?? And how was this chapter??