Ch. 10| Lie

"Jiah, my girl!" Jake cheered, picking me up in his arms and spinning around. "You will drop her, Jake!" Sunghoon warned him, laughing at his excitement.

"Jake, put me down. I am dizzy!" I yelled, making him finally stop. "I'm just so happy that you are doing this play. With you and Heeseung's looks only, I can't imagine how many people are gonna buy tickets to watch this play."

I scoffed at the male, standing on my feet. "None of us are in the drama club and that helps?" My words made Jake look at me as if I had said something very wrong.

"Don't worry," Jay said, coming into the auditorium, "The characters are going to be played by the students from prestigious drama club."

My lips parted but nothing came out when my eyes landed upon the person entering the room following Jay. The ravenette smiled brightly, talking to others as if he could not even see me.

Heeseung..

Instantly my mind travelled to the previous day when I was kicking the blanket before stuffing my face into the pillow every time I had remembered him kissing my cheek.

Does he like me?

I immediately slapped my cheeks repeatedly to bring me back to my senses. Never in a million years! He didn't even say something like this let alone lying about it.

The unknown reason behind him getting so interested in me suddenly was constantly poking me from inside. Somehow I had already asked him once and got nothing as an answer.

Why am I so curious by the way?

I shook my head, trying to get rid of thoughts of someone who did not even like me and with whom I did not want anything to happen. It's wrong, I shouldn't think about him.

My phone screen lit up at that moment, causing me to screech, seeing a text from Heeseung. I wanna open it-I thought-Stop it, Jiah! You have a boyfriend-I told myself.

But-I stared at the text which said, Obnoxious sent you a photo-I wanna see it so badly.

Still I somehow managed myself to not open his text thus not checking the image he had sent to me.

But now when he was standing in front of me, laughing with the other guys made me wish if I had checked it.

I went to a corner and pulled out my phone from my bag. Tapping on Heeseung's icon in my inbox, I checked the photo he sent to me. Another unpleasant screech left my mouth when I finally saw the picture.

It was a selfie of Heeseung. He was wearing a black t-shirt and his hair was covering half of his eyes. His eyelids were dropping halfway through as his lips were parted. He was looking down at the camera as the angle was quite low.

I was amazed at myself because of being so affected by a selfie of his where he was not even shirtless.

What are you doing to me Lee?

"Woah, now that is the kind of reaction we want from the audience of our play," Heeseung's voice made me look at my side where he was standing.

I kept my phone back in my bag without even closing the tab. "Liked it that much, huh?" He spoke with a smirk that made me want to dig up a hole before crawling into it and never come back.

Did he actually saw what I was looking at?

"What?" I asked, trying to avoid being straight up obvious about being caught.

Heeseung quirked his eyebrows at my bag before saying, "I came from behind you, Jiah." The male stepped towards me before leaning in to whisper in my ear.

"Didn't know my one selfie could make you so weak in the knees. What will you do once I start sending you my shirtless pics?"

My point exactly...

I backed up, moving myself away from his reach. He let out a snicker, finding my stance amusing. Can you blame me? Him being a human magnet was already hard and now he was even coming closer to me on purpose.

"I was just shocked because I didn't expect you to send a picture of yourself. I thought it was something necessary or related to our play. I never knew it would be something so worthless."

I lied, gritting my teeth, trying to imply how mad I was at him. But it was completely fruitless as Heeseung pursed his lips, attempting to suppress his laughter as his eyes glittered with a hint of victory.

"Ryu Jiah," he uttered my name, his voice melting like honey against my eardrums. The ravenette lowered his voice before speaking again, "Your ears are burning as hell. Looks like you are growing tomatoes on either side of your face. They are so red you can't even imagine."

I bit down my lower lip. Completely forgot that my ears speak the truth even if I try to hide it. "It's getting hot in here," I said, removing my jacket and fanning myself using my hand.

Heeseung snorted, seeing through my vain efforts of hiding how hard I was blushing.

"How long are you gonna keep lying to yourself, sweetheart?"

_________

Vote for the chapter please!

Imagine if Heeseung wasn't a celebrity then he would send those snaps to you which he tweeted on new year asdkdlsphks