Ch. 25| Unnecessary Concerns

"Just to avoid any misunderstanding, I only brought you here because Sunghoon was wasted. Otherwise, I would have just dumped you on him," Heeseung explained, pouring espresso in his cup.

I grimaced at the way he was talking about it. "Did I ask?"

"Guessed you would, judging from the way, you had jumped into conclusions the second you had woken up in my bed beside me," he replied, sipping into his coffee.

I just rolled my eyes as response.

"Be honest, you and Sunghoon date each other just for show, don't you? I had heard Sunghoon approached you only because you were voted the hottest girl in our campus."

"You play keyboard?" I asked, ignoring what he said, pointing at the huge piano in the living room, trying to change the topic. "I used to. Not much anymore," the male muttered, shrugging his shoulders, "Look at you, sneakily avoiding the question."

"Can you play a few tunes for me?" I requested, without realising how cringe it sounded. Heeseung looked into my eyes. Biting down on his bottom lip, he observed me for a second.

"I don't think so," he spoke slowly while still staring at me, "I'm self taught so-"

"That's even a bigger reason to play it. Come on, we need to wait for Baek Yunah to leave the building for classes, anyway. It will be a good time pass," I tried to convince him nonchalantly.

"Alright." The ravenette let out a sigh, only for me to cheer internally. He stood up and walked to the piano, before settling himself down in front of it.

Heeseung placed his fingers on the keys and the magic started. My gaze were fixated on his bony hands playing tunes that had an unexplainable charm spell in it.

He tapped the E♭ key with the chords B♭⁷E♭A♭B♭ which I would never know if it would not have been written above it

He tapped the E♭ key with the chords B♭⁷E♭A♭B♭ which I would never know if it would not have been written above it. Girl by Oh Hyuk-I thought before he started singing.

"In the cold blowing wind,
if you get lonely,
I will always stay by your side,

I won't leave you-"

And without realising I hummed with him only a little as I got busy staring at him again. Speechlessly, I kept staring at the male playing the keyboard.

Heeseung looked like a celestial being, sitting in front of it. playing tunes which bound me a spell more and more with every second passing by.

He was probably still wearing last night's clothes-a black colored shirt having three top buttons undone, with dark denim jeans but yet he effortlessly managed to look like a-Prince.

After he finished playing it, a low wince left my lips expressing my frustration. Couldn't he play a little more? The male looked up at me.

His eyes held an incomprehensible excitement in it as if he was proud to show off one of his many extraordinary talents. I deeply exhaled. My eyes were still widened.

"You should play it more often," I finally spoke up after a few seconds. "You think?" He asked with one eyebrow quirked up, "My dad had asked me to get rid of it last month. I wanted the same but I couldn't do it since mom-"

His words abruptly trailed off, bringing me back to my full consciousness. His dad wants him to quit? As if I had no control on my emotions, my eyes became teary within seconds. How can he?

Did he even he hear him play it ever? If he only knew how good he was, he could never have wanted him to stop playing piano. How cruel! I judged Heeseung's father without weighing any facts.

And what about his mom? Why did he stop in the middle of the sentence?

"Hey." Heeseung snapped his fingers to break me out of my trance. "What's wrong?"

My eyebrows knitted together as I gazed into his eyes. "I-" My voice quivered as tears threatened to come out any time.

"Are you crying?" His voice sounded concerned. "N-" I could not even deny before one teardrop rolled out of my eyes followed by many others.

It's so embarrassing. Why am I crying?

Surprising me to the core, Heeseung placed his hand on top of my head. "Don't be a crybaby," he muttered while gently caressing my hair.

I was sniffling, not being anywhere near to stop crying. What was he saying about his mom? Should I ask him again? Will he get mad?

The train of my thoughts got interrupted by Heeseung softly stroking my cheeks. His cold hand on my warm skin seemed to paradoxically soothe me.

His thumb traced my jaw, trying to console me. I suddenly stopped crying and kept staring into his dark brown orbs as he stared into mine. His palm and last four fingers were on my neck whilst his thumb kept caressing the side of my face.

We stayed like that for a few more seconds before I could swear, I felt myself slightly leaning in. What am I doing?

"Do you feel better now?" I heard Heeseung asking me which made me halt. "What are you? A lonely prince, leaving in this huge condo? Why do you live alone, huh?"

"Because I don't have anyone with whom I like to live," his answer made me almost tear up again, "Just kidding. Because I'm old enough to live alone."

My jaw hung low as I shook my head in disbelief. "Won't this answer work as well?" He asked, mocking my reaction, "Then I live alone to bring girls over."

"Lee Heeseung, I swear I will kill you."

The male smirked. "I would love to see you do that. But for now let's drop you home."

___________

Vote for the chapter please!

What do you think Heeseung was saying about his mom? Also how was the chapter? I sense romance in the air!!