Ch. 26| Win

It was my first time, getting inside Heeseung's jet black coloured Lamborghini. Everything was exquisitely leathery, making me feel warm and cozy as if I could sleep right away.

Heeseung unfolded the sun visor but I had already started stretching my arms forward, causing the side of my hand to touch his

This subtle touch managed to tingle my inside. Woah, the power this man holds. I thought before awkwardly lowering my hands down on my lap.

"It's your car?" I asked him to which he smirked. "Does it look like my cat?" I rolled my eyes for the second time that day. "Can you drop that sarcasm? It's not even funny."

"Future doctors wouldn't know what humour is so I don't really need to care about your opinion," he said, continuing to drive with my address that I set on his GPS.

"Excuse me?" I was offended even though I had heard it a lot from my other friends that I could not take jokes. "Come on, Jiah, you really don't know what a joke is. If you did then you would have understood my last sentence was a joke as well."

His words made my lips curve upward into a smile. He didn't mean that. Since it was my insecurity I had gotten paranoid for a moment. "Are you going to be at the campus fest today?"

"Didn't it get over yet? The drama was yesterday, during the fest, right?" His frustration caused me to let out a laugh. "Yes but today is the second day of the festival. The students are going to hold different kinds of stalls today."

"What a way to earn money without doing anything!" The male exclaimed. "Don't be so mean. They are killing two birds with one stone—having fun and earning money at once."

"Right," he sarcastically said. "So are you going to be there?" I asked him again. "I guess so," he replied with a nod.

The rest of the ride was silent. I kept appreciating the sky whilst Heeseung was driving with slow musics playing in the background. My favourite was Drive By - by Eric Bellinger.

"Thanks," I said while unbuckling my seatbelt after we reached my house. "Do you do it often?" Heeseung suddenly spoke, making me frozen. "What?"

"Getting drunk and having one night stands?"

"What are you talking about, Heeseung?" I calmly questioned him. "If it wasn't for me then you would have ended up in one of those guys' house who were partying with you."

I know that too. I had no sense of consciousness last night. I don't even remember anything except Jaemin's face really close to mine.

"That's why I already thanked you, remember?" He paused for a while before speaking up, "What if I wasn't there? Would you be okay with waking up in someone else's bed?"

"I—"

"Did you also start dating Sunghoon after accidentally sleeping with him?" I scoffed at his choice of words. "That's not something I need to hear from you."

I got out of his car and slammed the door shut. How dare he?

I went straight to my room and plopped down on the bed. I was so exhausted I could not even think straight. That was when my phone started ringing.

I took it out of my purse and checked the screen to see Heeseung calling me which I declined as fast as I could. What more does he want to say? I wanted to put my phone on silent mode.

But there was another incoming call. Sunghoon? I scoffed at his audacity. Bold of him to assume I would pick up his call after he left me at the party alone.

I freshened up to leave for the campus festival. Meanwhile both Sunghoon and Heeseung called me a number of times alternatively. I did not pick any of their calls.

Boys suck!

I reached the campus in half an hour to see that they were celebrating full on.

"Ryu Jiah?" Jeno called my name from the stall beside me. He was one of my medical friends. I smiled at him before making my way towards it. It was one of those stalls where people shot at a specific target to win stuffed dolls.

"Did you get home safely last night?" Jeno questioned me causing me to purse my lips. I simply nodded, not wanting to give any chance for any rumour to spread.

"Good. You wanna try?" He said, handing me the gun. "I guess," was my reply even though I was completely sure. It looked so fun.

Time passed as I kept trying to shoot a target but none of my shots made it. "I will make it free for you since you already shot so much. Just try to hit one and pay me for that shot."

"Thanks, Jeno," I expressed my gratitude but he snorted, "Well, that's how much you suck, Jiah."

My face fell at his insult. I knitted my eyebrows together before firmly gripping the gun and trying again. Just when I released the trigger, one of the targets fell.

"Yay! I did it!" I cheered but somewhat in suspicion since I had already seen Heeseung suddenly appearing beside me. He had taken a baseball and had slammed it on the target.

It was so loud that I almost flinched.

"You didn't make it, Ryu," Jeno cleared it for me, "And you." He pointed at Heeseung. "It was cheating. The rule is to hit the target by shooting with a gun and not by throwing a ball."

"Really?" Heeseung nonchalantly muttered, "Then I will shoot it, I guess." He turned to me and placed his palm in front of me. I handed him the gun.

The male took his stance and lifted the gun up. He closed one eye to focus. Heeseung pressed the trigger before abruptly releasing it. The shot made its way to the target in the centre.

"Can't deny that you are the first one to hit the target in a single try," Jeno's compliment went past his ears as he spoke to me, "Which one do you want?"

"The hamster plushie," I replied within a second. Heeseung let out a snicker before giving it to me. "Please pick my calls after the next time you storm out of my car."

Was he worried?

I thought as his hand slightly brushed against mine. He walked away after saying that.

"I can guarantee Jaemin would have taken you to his apartment last night if it wasn't for your boyfriend."

"He is not my boyfriend, Jeno."

"Really? But Jaemin thought he is your boyfriend otherwise you would have woken up in his bed this morning," he continued, making me scoff. "What are you saying, Jeno?"

"It's true, Ryu, whether you believe it or not. You should thank the guy, Lee Heeseung."

_______

Vote for the chapter please!!

It was a very long chapter but a well deserved one. I wish Heeseung would win plushies for me too!!