Ch. 12| Better Way

"That's how you shoot, Sucker!" A loud cheery voice, extremely painfully familiar to me, made my head turn to him.

It was Heeseung. Who else? He was smiling widely before sticking his tongue out to Jake who just lifted his arms up in defence, before letting out an, "Aye aye, captain."

"Go ace!" The chanting of the girls who were most definitely the ones who named Heeseung the campus heartthrob filled the fifty yards long basketball gym.

The male in concern, the captain of the basketball team, the ace however paid no attention to it. His large rounded eyes glistened with concentration on the ball as his lips parted only a little.

But the thing that stole my focused gaze was a small sweat droplet that rolled across his jawline and travelled through his neck, leaving damp traces.

I did not even notice when he got into position again. He crouched down by slightly bending his knees, separating his legs according to his broad shoulders.

My jaw hung low as my keen eyes followed his every movement. The way he straightened his knees to jump by propelling himself upward and slightly forward made me bite my lower lip in anticipation.

He let the ball escape his large hands and make it way through the hoop. "Heeseung scored again," the girls cried out from beside me, causing me to jolt a little.

Just then a pair of arms wrapped me from behind. Before I could process anything, he buried his head in the crook of my neck. "I missed you," Sunghoon said, kissing my cheek.

Oh right, I thought as I turned to face him, I came here because of Sunghoon. I briefly glanced behind me, craving to see his satisfied smile when he made that shoot. Not Heeseung.

"What are you doing here in the back?" I asked him with a laugh, "Won't you get into trouble if Heeseung sees you here instead of being in the court?"

"They are just practicing on their own. More like betting and stuff. Heeseung's trying to help Jake get even better," Sunghoon let me know that it was not any official practice.

"By intimidating him like that? Bragging that Jake can't do the things he can?" I was actually surprised. The way I saw Heeseung teasing him when I entered, it made no sense that he was helping Jake.

"You see," Sunghoon started, "Among boys, it works like that. If someone provokes us by saying that we can't do something, we will try to achieve it even more."

"Really?" I asked, tilting my head to the side, "What was it for you?"

"Jay saying that I could never date you," Sunghoon muttered with a smile plastered on his lips. "What?" My eyes widened in disbelief. "No way!"

"It actually happened, Jiah," My boyfriend said, pulling me closer, "He thinks that you are way out of my league."

"What's your league? Every other girl is crazy for you." If it wasn't for Heeseung—I kept that in my mind. "Yeah but you are different. Every guy is crazy for you, like you are the hottest girl in our university and everyone knows that."

I giggled at his way of putting it. "Is that why Jay wanted me to play the lead role?"

"Obviously, did you just get it?"

I nodded my head in still confusion. "Hoon!" Heeseung called him from the court, "We don't have time for your play house. Can you please get your ass down here?"

"Coming!" Sunghoon yelled back to him before placing a quick kiss on my lips. "See you in the locker room," he said with a wink before disappearing.

I did as he said. I walked over to their locker room and opened it using the key Sunghoon had given to me.

Time passed as I scrolled through instagram, not actually, I was scrolling through Heeseung's profile. As much obnoxious as he was, his account username was pretty simple.

It was lee_ace01. Well simple for him but too much for anyone else. There were mostly basketball pictures, selfies and pictures of his working out.

I hurriedly locked my phone when I heard the doorknob getting twisted. Sunghoon must be here, I thought as I removed my jacket, leaving myself wearing only a tank top and a mini skirt.

"You?" I pointed at Heeseung with my index finger. "What are you doing here?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that question?" He muttered cocking one eyebrow, "Did you miss me that much, doctor?"

I saw him scanning my body from top to bottom. "Eyes up when I talk to you, Lee," my voice broke him out of his trance. Such a pervert.

"I was waiting for Sunghoon. But he's probably jailed by something you asked him to do, so I'm leaving. Let him know that."

As soon as I walked past Heeseung, he grabbed my wrist and spun me around. I bumped my forehead against his rock hard chest. He was shirtless, wearing only a pair of shorts.

I looked at his other hand which held his jersey firmly. "What do you eat, monster?" I said, slapping his chest. He let out a snicker. "I work out princess," he said, leaning closer to my face, "Which you love to watch."

"Let go of my hand," I sternly said, ignoring what he just said and he obeyed me.

He left my hand only to step closer making me move back and slowly hitting the wall behind. "I was thinking," the male spoke as his hungry eyes dropped down to my lips.

Before I knew I was completely cornered by him. "Maybe I could give you the thing you wanted from Sunghoon." He brought his lips closer to my ear to whisper, "Even in a better way."

________

Vote for the chapter please!

Guys how was it? Please comment comment!! I'm so deeply, madly in love with Lee Heeseung.

Only if he knew:'(