Ch. 9| Gesture

"My bad," Jay said, flashing me a teethy smile as he had accidentally spilled my coffee on the floor. "It's okay. I can get another one," I replied, not wanting to create a big deal out of it.

"I will get one for you since you are already doing us a great favour being the protagonist," he muttered, disappearing before I could even answer.

Sunghoon and I were left alone sitting in the auditorium since the rest of the cast had still not arrived.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, placing kisses on my neck. I smiled, being relieved that he made it easier for me to start the conversation about Heeseung.

"Did something happen in the basketball club?" I straightforwardedly asked without thinking much. Sunghoon hugged my waist, pulling me closer which I did not mind. Instead I leaned even more, encouraging him to spill the secrets if there were any.

"Nothing much," he replied, shrugging, "Just Heeseung didn't come to practice today." I perked up, unintentionally giving Sunghoon a hint. "Why?"

"We actually don't know. Jake had called him but he didn't pick it up," Sunghoon said, breaking into a laughter, "Why are you so curious all of a sudden?"

I pondered for a second to come up with an excuse.  "I thought I saw Heeseung wandering outside our faculty so I wondered why he wasn't at the practice, whether something happened or not."

Sunghoon clicked his tongue. "Nothing happened, not that I know." I pressed more, playing with his hair, "No fight?"

He shook his head. "None. I would have known then. Probably it's one of those days on which he deliberately ditches practice."

"Why though?"

Sunghoon parted his lips but his words got stuck in his throat when someone entered through the door and it was Heeseung.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I snapped at him, dashing towards him at once but Sunghoon answered to me instead of him, "Heeseung is playing the role of male protagonist."

I scoffed at my boyfriend before he got called by Jay and left me alone with the ravenette, saying, "You guys discuss about the play. I will go check why Jay needs me."

"I was about to tell you about it earlier this morning but you seemed a little distracted," Heeseung spoke, reminding me the time when I was repeatedly glancing at the door of the common room.

The tension grew thicker when I also remembered how harshly he talked with me just because I had touched his lips. "Get out of my sight and don't ever dare to talk to me," I spat and turned around to walk off.

My scowl grew deeper as Heeseung grabbed my upper arm and spun me around to face him again. "I'm sorry," he apologised, completely surprising me.

Lee Heeseung can realise his own mistake? Am I dreaming?

"I shouldn't have acted like that in the morning. It just—I can't even explain. Just know that I didn't mean for that to happen and I can promise I won't repeat that ever."

I pursed my lips, finding myself in an unexpected situation. What should I do now? What should I say? I could not stay mad at him anymore since he had even apologized and we were also supposed to work together.

"Follow me," I uttered, eyeing the bruise on his lower lip, "I can't leave this unattended anymore."

Heeseung grinned at me, making me regret saying that within a second. "See I'm just an innocent patient of yours."

"Shut up."

The black haired male was sitting on a tool in front of me as I applied an ointment on his lip from the first aid box after carefully disinfecting it, using an antiseptic.

I noticed that Heeseung was staring at me the whole time I treated his wound. The moment his gaze travelled down my body, I backed up.

"Eyes up, pervert," I said, sticking the bandaid on his bottom lip. Heeseung let out a soft chuckle before staring back into my eyes.

"Thanks," he muttered, tilting his head to the side. "What for?" I played innocent since it was my time to make him admit. "For," he trailed off, shrugging, "Caring, I guess?"

"You said I was pretending in the morning," I said, not letting it slide so easily. "And I'm ready to repent for that."

Heeseung's smile made me furrow my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"I mean that since you have a boyfriend, your lips belong to him but—"

"What are you going on about, Heese—"

The male quickly leaned in to press his lips onto my cheek, pecking it before smirking at me. "This," he said before standing up and walking away.

My jaw dropped at this action of his. Did he just kiss me as a gesture of gratitude for attending his bruise?

I tried to compose myself from the shock. It's gonna be so hard working with him for the drama.

__________

Vote for the chapter please!

Finally some interaction between Heeseung and Jiah! I'm so happy!!