Ch. 19| Nervous

Heeseung's POV

"Fuck."

The curse left my lips followed by my eyes shot opening. How fucking much did I drink last night to cause my head ache like this?

A single ray of light was leaking through the messily draped curtains on the window of my pitch black bedroom but it was oddly enough to twitch my eyebrows. "Why?" I bluntly groaned.

I dragged my legs to the windows taking huge strides through the wide axis of my luxurious room. Frustration took over me when I found myself struggling with the curtains. How does anyone get this thing to work?

I let out an exasperated sigh.

In the process of struggling with the overly expensive bland curtains due to my poor sense of interior designing, I noticed a girl standing with her back facing towards me in the balcony in the shirt I was wearing last night.

Did I bring her home last night? I bit down my bottom lip in distress. Fuck, now how do I get her out?

"Oh, you woke up?" She said, walking towards me after realising that I was behind her. Nope, I don't know her.

The girl wrapped her arms around my bare torso, hugging me. "Can you do it again, Heeseung, please?" She said, looking up at me, "I badly need you."

I held her arm and gently pushed her away. She just made it easy for me. "Why are you wearing my shirt?" I bluntly asked her.

"Heeseung, that's because I thought-"

"Stop acting friendly with me. You got what you wanted. Now you can quietly leave."

I watched the girl grabbing her dress and going to another room to change. I plopped down on the bed, massaging my temples. I need some Tylenol.

The girl left after a few minutes as I was scrolling through my phone. Suddenly a text popped up on the top of my screen.

New Toy:
Lee, where the fuck are
you? Our play is gonna
start within 2 hours.

My eyes widened, getting the information. I had totally forgotten about. I hurriedly started to change my clothes when another text was already sent to me.

New Toy:
I swear if you make
me go through this
shit alone, you will
see the worst of me.

I rolled my eyes at the text. This girl can overreact so much. I tapped the dial button and called her real quick.

As soon as Jiah picked up the call, I moved the phone away from my ear. "Heeseung! You are so late! Where are you? If you are not coming, I'm-"

I decided to interrupt her yelling monologue. "Can't really talk to you for long, Ryu, as you know I'm driving. Gotta be careful on the streets right?"

I hung up the call after lying as I finally exited my condo. Sometimes lying is a necessity.

"Where is her highness?" I asked Jay about Jiah as soon as I arrived at the campus since the protagonist was nowhere to be found.

"Here I am, you peasant," a very annoyingly feminine voice diverted my attention towards her. It was Jiah.

A low, deep exhale left my lips as if I was awestruck by the sight in front of my eyes. She was already wearing our stage outfit. It was a prom gown, which she would wear again in front of the whole university during the play.

"Wow," Jake expressed, sitting on a couch, leisurely raising his head to observe the gorgeous protagonist of the drama directed by Jay.

"Where is your boyfriend?" Jay asked the female who was clearly obsessed with herself and the stage outfit she put on for trial. "Sunghoon will totally faint if he sees you in this dress."

I could not be sure but it pretty much seemed to me as if her smile had faltered a bit at the mention of her own boyfriend. But she regained her composure as she spoke up.

"What about you?" She said, stepping towards me, "Why are you so speechless?" The brunette stood on her tiptoes as she leaned in to whisper in my ear, "Are you nervous, Mr. Lee?"

Just then it finally struck me. What the fuck is wrong with me? Seeing Jiah in a prom dress could not possibly affect me so much. Or could it?

"Just accept that you find her hot, Heeseung," Jake muttered while scrolling on his phone. "Shut up, Sim. If you have so much time in your hand then go and practice basketball."

Jay let out a snicker at our bickering. I turned my attention back to Jiah. "And you," I spoke, cocking my head to the side,

"Are you even in your right mind? I've never been nervous ever in my entire life. It's Lee Heeseung you are talking about."

Jiah rolled her eyes as a response to my bluff. Only I know how nervous I get before my important basketball matches, semester finals and surprisingly a moment ago in front of her.

But I could not let her know about that.

________

Vote for the chapter please!

Guys please let me know how the chapter was! I'm getting anxious with this book :'(

Spoiler: Next chapters will be PARTY PARTY YEAHHH! Also Heeseung's POV is gonna be continued until I mention otherwise!!