chapter 506

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa and Maricruz were not friends; they were more like acquaintances. Elsa knew Maricruz through Bruno, her brother. That was the extent of their relationship. However, Elsa was unaware of any romantic involvement between Jeremy and Maricruz. She couldn't recall any such information.

When no one responded, Elsa asked again, "Jeremy, your mom told me that you went on vacation with a woman you're dating. I didn't know you had actually come to Coventina, and I had no idea who you came with. So, tell me, is Maricruz your new girlfriend?"

Maricruz was surprised by those words. But she also felt incredibly happy to hear that Elsa believed them. She had dreamt of being with Jeremy for so long, and hearing that she was being referred to as his girlfriend made her weak in the knees.

Upon hearing this, Jeremy immediately wanted to deny everything. He couldn't understand how Elsa would believe such words from his mother, or why Lorna would even tell Elsa that in the first place.

But then, Jeremy had promised Elsa that he would stay far away from her, and he didn't want to break that promise now. He knew he didn't deserve her and didn't want to bother her or disrupt her life ever again. If that meant letting Elsa believe he had moved on, so be it. If Elsa thought that, maybe they could keep their distance once more.

With Maricruz standing next to him, Jeremy pretended to look at her as he smiled. Then, he turned in the direction from which he had heard Elsa's voice and said, "Yes, Miss Halverson. Maricruz is my girlfriend. She and I came to Coventina to spend time together... I'm sure you already know Maricruz, so I don't need to introduce you to each other."

Upon hearing this, Maricruz almost fainted. Jeremy referred to her as his girlfriend? Was he serious? Were they actually dating now?

Elsa was taken aback by Jeremy's words. Initially, she thought that Lorna had lied to her to make her feel bad or something, but she didn't expect everything Lorna said to be true.

What confused Elsa even more was that Jeremy was looking in her direction, but he never once looked at her face or into her eyes while speaking.

Did he no longer want to see her face? Then why did he hug her so affectionately just moments ago?

And... Why did he hug her back at all if he had a girlfriend?

Elsa looked at Maricuz, who was gazing at Jeremy with dreamy eyes, and then back at Jeremy. She couldn't believe it as she asked, "So you've moved on and found someone else?"

Jeremy's heart skipped a beat at that question. Suddenly, Maricuz reached out and held his hand, causing Elsa's stomach to tighten.

Seeing Jeremy allow her to do so, Elsa felt like she already had her answer.

Jeremy was aware that Maricuz was holding his hand, but he didn't stop her.

In fact, with a smile on his face, he said to Elsa, "You left me, Miss Halverson. You left me in the dark and shattered into pieces. Maricuz came into my life and brought some light into my darkness. She made me realize that it's not worth it to love someone who doesn't love you back. She taught me to move on and be with someone who actually wants to be with me. I saw that I was forcing my love on you, so I went to someone who willingly wants to be loved by me... So yes, Miss Halverson. Maricuz and I are dating. You and I are divorced, so apart from talking about Braden, I don't see anything that will bring a conversation between us. If you'll excuse me, my girlfriend and I have to go back to our hotel resort."