chapter 526

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa and Jeremy were seated back at her villa, waiting for Bruno to come. Less than half an hour later, he arrived, walking in with Maricuz, who seemed like he had to drag her inside or she wouldn’t come out on her own accord.

Jeremy was comfortably seated on the couch when he heard them come in and did not move an inch. Elsa, on the other hand, got up to go and hug Bruno. Maricuz was looking down the whole time, seemingly afraid to face anyone after what she had done.

“Hey, Bruno,” Elsa said Bruno as they hugged.

“Hey, El.” Bruno greeted Elsa warmly.

Elsa did not spare Maricuz a glance, nor did she acknowledge her.

With a smile, she said to Bruno, “Welcome to my home... Please, have a seat.”

“No, thank you. We won’t take much of your time. I have to go back to Serpens immediately. I only brought Maricuz here to apologize for what she did.” With that, he turned to look at Jeremy and saw how unfocused his eyes were. Maricuz had told him Jeremy was blind; he did not believe her at first, but now he was starting to. He then pushed Maricuz forward as he said, “Go ahead, apologize for what you did.”

That was when Maricuz’s eyes left the floor and went to Jeremy. With a small voice, she said to him, “Jeremy, I’m so sorry for my actions last night. What I did to you was not right, and I see that now. I just really wanted to be with you so much that I did not stop to think twice about my actions. I hope you can forgive me so we can start over.”

There was a drawn-out silence after that as Maricuz waited for Jeremy’s answer. Her heart was racing as she felt that what she did might have cost her a chance to be with Jeremy.

When Jeremy answered, it was only one word, “Okay.”

With her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, Maricuz asked, “Okay?... Does this mean you forgive me?”

“No, it means I heard you,” Jeremy answered blankly.

Then, he added, “If you have nothing more to say, you can show yourself out.”

Maricuz felt her heart shatter into pieces at Jeremy’s coldness. She tried to find some words to convince him she was sorry and to forgive her, but from the pain she was feeling, no words came out of her mouth. With that frustration, she ran out of the house with tears running down her cheeks.

Seeing Maricuz leave, Bruno said to Elsa, “I have to chase after her and make sure she is fine.”

Elsa nodded in understanding. "Sure, she is your sister."

"I'll see you soon, Else," he said as he hugged her goodbye. Then, he turned to Jeremy and gave him a little look before walking away.

Jeremy and Bruno's friendship had never been fixed since Elsa's ‘death’, so them not speaking to each other was not unusual.