chapter 528

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Lorna was famished for an entire day.

She had heard the thugs ask for Elsa to come bring the ransom and that made her know she was going to die. She would never risk her life to save Elsa and Elsa would never risk hers to save her.

‘Will Elsa take the risk and come save me?

‘Never.

‘Elsa only wishes for my death!’

***

Jeremy heard Elsa's plans and said nervously, "Don't go, Angel."

Even though he did not know who the man was that had kidnapped Lorna was, from what Coco and Elsa had said, he knew that going there was not safe for Elsa.

Elsa turned her gaze to face him and said, "Don't you know that those who kidnapped your mom did this because of me?"

"That's one possibility, so I can't have you risk your life," said Jeremy, determined.

Following his instincts, he reached out for Elsa's hand. "I can't risk you encountering any more danger, Angel."

"Jeremy, look. Randall is not the type to give up easily. If I don't go, then he will know that kidnapping Lorna would not make me go. What do you think he will do? Who do you think he would kidnap next? Braden? Yuliana? Coco? Even you?" Elsa was also determined. "I must go. It's not to rescue your mom, but to protect myself."

Then, she released Jeremy's hand and walked over to Coco, who was preparing the necessary items. Jeremy felt the emptiness in his palm and his heart sank. He knew that Elsa agreed to hand over the cash just to save Lorna.

"Don't worry, Jeremy. Elsa will wear a bracelet equipped with a tracker so we know her location during the exchange," Coco assured Jeremy.

That night, with a bag full of cash, Elsa headed to the designated destination.

She had a GPS-equipped bracelet on her wrist, specifically made by Coco for her. She now used it to keep track of Elsa's location. Elsa also brought along some mini-sized weapons for defense.

Fear mingled with determination surged through Elsa's veins. She couldn't comprehend why Roman Hernandez, a name she had never encountered before, would hold Jeremy's mother captive. Was it just to meet Elsa?

As the evening descended, Elsa found herself standing in a dimly lit alley, clutching the bag of ransom money tightly. Fear and uncertainty gnawed at her, but she drew strength from the thought of getting back Lorna and making sure Randall does not try to kidnap anyone just to get Elsa to go somewhere.

A black van pulled up, and Randall stepped out, his face masked by shadows. "Give me the bag," he demanded, his voice laced with a mix of menace and desperation.