chapter 514

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Lorna was walking out of the mall, looking for her car keys in her purse, when she suddenly bumped into someone coming into the mall from the opposite direction. Knowing it was her mistake, Lorna was ready to apologize to the person she had bumped into. But when she looked up and saw the familiar face, she smiled with relief. Bruno, too, smiled at her as he said, "Mrs. Callahan. Hi."

"Hey, Bruno Delgado. It's been so long since I last saw you," Lorna offered a handshake that Bruno happily accepted.

"Yeah, I've been busy," he replied, taking his hand back.

Lorna looked at Bruno with interest and noticed how uncomfortable he looked. She knew the reason why. So, she said to him, "Jeremy told me that you two had ended your friendship, which is why I never see you much."

Bruno chuckled softly, looking away as if deep in thought. Then he looked back at Lorna and said with half a smile, "That's true. Jeremy and I are no longer friends."

Lorna sighed with a sad face when she heard that. Then, with a shrug, she said in a hopeful voice, "Well, hopefully Maricuz will bring you two back together."

Those words confused Bruno, making him look at Lorna with interest. His eyes narrowed as he asked, "What are you talking about?"

"Maricuz, your sister. She went on vacation, right?" Lorna inquired.

"Yes, I am aware. She went to Coventina for a week's vacation with her friends," Bruno answered, his tone indicating that Lorna should explain what she just said.

And Lorna did just that when she said, "Well, she brought Jeremy along with her. And I'm guessing when they come back tomorrow, they will already be a couple."

Those words made Bruno's mouth drop open. "What?!" Bruno shouted, his face turning pale.

He ran his fingers through his hair as he looked around in disbelief. This cannot be true. This cannot be happening.

He knew for a fact that his sister had always had the biggest crush on Jeremy for a very long time. He never expected her to act on her feelings for him. The fact that she had never tried to approach Jeremy before was the reason Bruno never said anything about Maricuz's little love for Jeremy. But now that they were spending time together? No. He was not going to allow anything to happen between them.

He clenched his fists in anger. He was not going to allow Jeremy near Maricuz. He wouldn't allow Jeremy to hurt Maricuz the same way he hurt Elsa. Not his little sister. Not his blood. He wouldn't stand back and let his sister get involved with a man like Jeremy, who had abused his partner before.

"No! No way am I going to allow my sister to date Jeremy! No way in hell!"

He then turned around and started walking out of the mall quickly, taking out his phone to call Maricuz. But the call went unanswered.

Lorna, on the other hand, looked at Bruno with confusion at his reaction as she watched him leave in anger and in a hurry.

***

Elsa and Jeremy drove to her home. If Jeremy had his eyesight, he would have seen the secret route Elsa used just to keep someone from following her and knowing where her children were.

When they arrived, Elsa brought Jeremy into the house. The kids were overjoyed to see Jeremy and spent the whole time playing with him and keeping him company. They seemed to love him even more now and wanted to be around him all the time. Due to playing too much, the kids fell asleep very early that evening.

After Elsa put them to bed, she went to talk to Jeremy in the living room when she heard his phone ring. It had a different ringtone compared to when she called him.

"Do you want me to check and see who is calling?" Elsa asked as she sat down next to him. Jeremy nodded and took the phone out of his pocket. "I wasn't planning on answering because I doubt if it's someone important though."

Elsa chuckled softly as she took the phone from him. Looking at who was calling, Elsa said to Jeremy, "Maybe you shouldn't ignore this call like you did mine."

Hearing that, Jeremy got curious. "Who's calling me?"

"Your girlfriend," Elsa said simply as she observed Jeremy's reaction. Jeremy, however, did not give Elsa any reaction and just looked expressionless.

Seeing that he wasn't even slightly excited to answer the call, Elsa asked curiously, "Aren't you going to answer her call? Your girlfriend is calling you. Maybe you should hear what she has to say."

When Jeremy heard that, his expression changed into a slight frown. Elsa looked at him confused for a moment before she thought of her own actions in the past. She did not want to prevent him from talking to Maricuz because she was afraid of her reaction. She was the one who chose to leave Jeremy, so she couldn't hold him back from being with someone else.

With that thought in mind, Elsa said to Jeremy, "Listen, Jeremy. You and I are divorced. Whoever you decide to be with is none of my business. I have already made up my mind, and I won't ever act like that again, you know, acting jealous. So pretty much, you and I are over for good. I'm sorry for the way I acted before, and I realize that it was very foolish of me to react like that to you dating when I am with someone else too. You can talk to Maricuz if you want. You can even invite her over if you want to have her around. I won't ever question you again. It was silly of me to do so in the first place. I'm sorry for that."

When Jeremy heard that, he was surprised. But the only thing that came to mind was that Elsa said the word 'jealous'... Did being with Maricuz make her act jealous? Was she jealous?

Not giving Jeremy a chance to say anything, Elsa answered the phone for him and gave it to him. "Here, talk to her. I'll give you both some privacy."

She then got up from the chair and left the room.

Jeremy was still in shock when Elsa mentioned acting jealous. He wanted to know if Elsa would get jealous because of him and Maricuz.

"Hello, Jeremy?... Are you there?" Hearing that voice coming from the phone made Jeremy realize that he was on the phone with Maricuz.

As he put the phone to his ear, Jeremy said, "Hello, Maricruz."

"Hey, Jeremy. Where are you?" Maricuz asked anxiously.

Jeremy didn't feel the need to explain himself to Maricuz, so he replied with an uninterested tone, "I am with my children."

When Maricuz heard that, her face dropped. She could almost guess that it meant he was at Elsa's place. He had followed her and gone home with her.

However, with a glimmer of hope in her voice, she said to Jeremy, "Well, okay... I was wondering if, since tonight is the last night, maybe you could come have dinner with me before we fly back home tomorrow."

***
Okay so, this part has been written until chapter 570... rough work, that is... I'm going to find time to write them into finished chapters then upload all of them, on new year's eve. If I do you'll try to vote on everyone, right?... Yes this book's rough work has been written until chapter 900, but those rough works are like 200 words long. It's like the ideas and setting of the scene so it's too rough for me to work on them and post quickly. But upto chapter 570, it's like 800 words, 1000, so it's quicker and easier. I'll work on them all together then post them at once.

Today, I'll give you until chapter 518. Then, I'll try to give you the rest on new year's eve. Please motive me by voting and commenting. I am literally pretending to be sick to spend the whole time writing on my ipad and sometimes my phone instead of hanging out with my cousins and siblings.