chapter 517

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa's hands trembled as she reached out for the switch to turn off the lights.

Just then, she felt Jeremy hug her from behind. His touch was slow as he wrapped his arm around her, giving her a warm embrace. His other hand went to Elsa's hand and held her wrist gently as a way to support her while she turned off the lights.

Elsa's heart was racing as she did something she had never done in the past months - turn off the lights.

She slowly turned it off before looking around the room in panic. Her breathing hitched as she felt her blood freeze in her body. The room was not completely dark with the other lights still on, but it was darker than before.

Elsa started counting with a low, shaky voice. "One... Two... Three... Four... Five..."

After she said five, Jeremy whispered in her ear, "you can turn it on now."

Her shaky hands went to the switch and she turned it on quickly.

Hearing the sound of the switch turning on, Jeremy said, "Again. Turn the switch off and count to five. Then, turn it back on."

Elsa reached out to turn off the lights and felt Jeremy hug her even tighter, giving her even more comfort. Elsa had been too concentrated on her fears at first, so she had not noticed. But when she started counting, she felt how protective and comforting Jeremy's hug was. It was so warm to be in his arms and it made her feel safe, like nothing could ever harm her.

After counting to five, Elsa turned the lights back on.

Jeremy had Elsa do this nine times as he hugged her each time and held her hand. But the tenth time, Jeremy let go of Elsa's hand and then took her from his lap and put her on the bed.

Elsa turned to him confused, wondering if the session was over, only for Jeremy to ask her to close the light by herself, without him holding her hand or hugging her.

Elsa's breathing hitched as panic struck her. She looked at the switch with wide eyes, feeling very scared to even touch it.

She turned to Jeremy and shook her head violently, even though he couldn't see it. "I... I don't... I don't think I can... I can't... I can't do it on my own, Jeremy... I'm sorry."

When Jeremy heard that, he gave her a little gentle smile. "At least try, that's all I ask. Okay?"

Elsa was still scared, but she agreed. She turned back to look at the switch. After taking a deep breath, Elsa stretched out her arm and reached for the switch. But the moment she touched it, she couldn't press it. She froze for a few seconds before quickly retracting her hand as if it had just been burnt.

She turned to look at Jeremy, her eyes growing teary. "I... I... I..." No matter how hard she tried, the words wouldn't come out.

Jeremy pulled Elsa in for a hug, doing his best to comfort her. "It's okay, you did good," he assured her with gentleness in his voice.

Elsa just nodded against his chest but felt a little disappointed.

She knew it was illogical to expect results on the very first day, but she somehow still did.

Allowing Jeremy to hold her, Elsa slowly calmed down in his arms. Knowing how she felt, Jeremy said to her in a soothing voice, "Elsa, these things take time. You have to give it time, okay? How about we stop here today? We'll try again tomorrow evening, okay?"

Elsa was quiet for a while before she finally answered. "Okay... Let me take you to Braden's room so you can sleep in his bed with him."

"Okay."

Elsa got up from the bed and took Jeremy's hand, helping him up. Then, she took him to Braden's room.

Thankfully, Braden was stubborn enough to insist on having a big boy bed, so Jeremy could fit on the bed just fine. After helping Jeremy take off his shoes and jacket to make him more comfortable, Elsa helped him get under the covers.

As Elsa left, Jeremy said to her, "Goodnight, Angel."

Elsa looked at Jeremy and found him smiling at her. Her heart warmed up immediately.

As she closed the door behind her, she said to him, "Goodnight, Jeremy."

***

I love them so much... They are so bad but so good together.