chapter 523

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Bruno had tried to convince Maricuz to come back home, but she refused. She even went as far as not answering his calls. With no other choice, Bruno scheduled a flight to Coventina for the next day so he could track down his sister and take her home.

Meanwhile, Maricuz planned a candlelight dinner at a restaurant in the resort and told Jeremy to meet her there. Now that their booking was over and Maricuz was the only one of her friends who extended her visit, other guests had come to the resort, but Maricuz was not bothered at all. She had everything planned out, and this wouldn't affect anything.

Elsa, still thinking about what Yuliana told her, decided to be the one to drive Jeremy to his dinner. She expected Jeremy to dress up for the occasion, but he looked very casual, too casual if you ask me. He didn't even try at all.

It was 7 pm when Elsa brought Jeremy to the resort and walked him over to the dining area. She found that Maricuz had gotten the balcony area, and it was a romantic candlelight dinner with a champagne bottle placed on the table.

Maricuz was already there waiting for Jeremy, so when she saw him brought over by Elsa, she got up from the chair with a smile. She then affectionately hugged Jeremy and said happily, "You're here."

Then, she turned to Elsa and said, "Thank you for bringing him, Elsa. You can go now." Those words were said mockingly.

Elsa looked at Maricuz and was confused. For some reason, Maricuz seemed to dislike Elsa, but they never had a problem before, well, not before she made her daughter cry. But even before that, she developed such an attitude towards Elsa because she was now dating Jeremy. Elsa was trying to be polite to Maricuz because she adored Bruno, but she would not tolerate these little disrespectful comments.

She watched as Maricuz helped Jeremy sit on the chair before she decided to leave. She did not want to cause a scene on their date, maybe afterwards when she came to pick up Jeremy. Oddly, he said Elsa should come back for him after an hour.

But just as Elsa was leaving, a gut feeling kept telling her to stay and watch over Jeremy. She tried to ignore it and walk out of the dining room, but the feeling got too strong to be silenced.

With that, Elsa got a table where she could clearly see Maricuz and Jeremy from their side profiles. So as not to make it obvious she was spying, Elsa ordered something she did not know, simply pointing at the first dish on the menu with her eyes on Jeremy. She looked at them carefully, observing Jeremy's body language and waiting to see if he got uncomfortable since she could not hear their conversation.

At the table, Maricuz was smiling ear to ear as she made small talk with Jeremy. "Jeremy, I'm so glad you agreed to come and have dinner with me."

Jeremy simply gave her a half smile back and did not say anything.