chapter 527

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

It was a weekend so Jeremy was playing with the children since they were home all day when his phone rang.

It was his father, George, informing him that Lorna had rushed over to Coventina without telling him. George was obviously worried because that was his wife, so he was asking Jeremy if he had heard from her.

Jeremy found it odd that Lorna would just up and leave Serpens for Coventina all of a sudden. As he thought of the reason, he took a wild guess.

He would say that since Maricuz went home without him, Lorna might have a figured out one way or another, that he was with Elsa and came running to tear them apart because she thinks Elsa is evil.

But if that was the case, wouldn't she call first to know the address? She didn't know where Elsa lived so where would she go?... But what if she didn't call because she knew?... Could she have spoken with Maricuz and she told her that Jeremy was with Elsa and given her the address?... Could that be the case?

Regardless of whether his guess was wrong or right, Jeremy had to talk to Elsa and tell her that his mom might be on her way here because without Elsa's approval, she wouldn't get anywhere close to the property.

With no help since he knew his way by now, Jeremy left for the living room where he found Elsa seated with Coco going through some plans for the black market party.

"Angel, can I talk to you?" Jeremy asked as he sat down.

Before Elsa could answer, Jeremy’s phone rang.

The incoming call was from his mother's number. Elsa read this to him and gave him his phone to answer.

Jeremy let out a sigh of relief thinking his mother was okay. Even though Lorna had a terrible personality, at the end of the day, she was still his biological mother.

He pressed the hands-free mode and answered the call. The man on the other end of the call declared his demand, “Tonight at 10 PM at the designated place I prefer, send in your wife, Elsa, to deliver 500,000 in exchange for your mother. Or else, you’ll end up collecting her corpse! Remember this, only send your wife alone. No one is allowed to follow and don’t report it to the police!”

The man immediately cut off the line, not giving Jeremy any chance to talk.

The demand stated through the phone was heard by Elsa and Coco.

They looked at each other in surprise. "Jeremy's mother has been kidnapped here?" Coco asked in shock. "How did this even happen? Isn't she supposed to be in Serpens?"

It was so weird that she was kidnapped just like that. It was out of the blue and unexpected. The kidnapper also sounded very strange. He barely made any conversation, just a demand.

Jeremy, while frowning, answered Coco. "She was, but I think she came here because she learnt that I am with Elsa and wanted to take me home so I won't be around Elsa anymore."

When Coco heard that, she looked at Jeremy in disbelief. "Wow. She is that petty?"

"She is. But what I don't get is why someone would kidnap her... I just hope it's not one of Anastasia's soldiers."

Just when Elsa was still wondering the reason why the kidnapper insisted on
having her deliver the ransom, Jeremy spoke, “Angel, all this while, you and Lorna have been on bad terms and she has always been against you. You can choose to reject their demand. I won’t force you to take the risk.”

He did not wish for her to take this path.

Elsa did not answer, but she had already made up her mind. Mostly because she recognized that voice.

"I think I know why she got kidnapped." Elsa said that thought out loud.

"Why?" Coco asked.

"The man's voice on the phone, it's Randall" Elsa said with a slight frown on her face.

When Coco heard that, her eyes went wide."Oh my god!"

Hearing that gasp of words from Coco, Jeremy felt curious. "Who is Randall?"

Turning to Jeremy, Elsa said, "Randall is a man in the black market. I don't know if you remember but some months ago I went to dinner with him and you found out and ruined it. He is now the liutenant to a Mafia boss."

Jeremy remembered that very well. He had heard Elsa arranging to meet for dinner at a restaurant with another man and rushed there to ruin the dinner and take Elsa with him. It's also when he kissed her for the first time since she had come back from the dead.

"What would a liutenant for a Mafia boss want with my mother?... Weren't you two friends that's why you planned dinner together?  Are you not friends anymore?"

Taking a deep breath and finding the right words, Elsa said, "Randall tried to force me to go meet this Mafia boss for some reason. Lui said no to that invitation so I did not go. I always listen to Lui when it comes to the people in the black market because is Lui is never wrong about anyone. He said this Mafia boss who wanted to meet me was dangerous and would hurt me. Because of Lui's words, I refused to go meet the mafia boss. Randall did not take that very well. So, I guess he has kidnapped your mom and use her safety to force me to meet him He is his lieutenant now."

Hearing that, Jeremy's eyes went wide. With a voice that sounded calm, something he wasn't, Jeremy asked, "And who is this Mafia boss?... Do you know his name?"

"Yes, I do."

And after a slight pause, Elsa said, "His name is Roman Hernandez."

***

Now, would you save Lorna by meeting Roman Hernandez?