Chapter 62

The van parked outside. Ten men in black walked out of the van as they looked around for any signs of someone.

"Alright, let's go. He's in that room over there. Get a ladder. It's wide open, so he just made our job easier," the leader of the group commanded in a deep Russian accent.

"I heard that the woman he lives with is hot. Can we play with them, Boss Nikolia?" one of the men asked.

"No! We will not be touching anyone in his family. These were straight orders from Madam President," Nikolia, the leader, said.

After that, they got a step ladder. One person climbed up to check the coast. He looked in Travis's room and saw nothing but darkness.

"Where is he?" he thought. He climbed higher and stepped inside his room. Suddenly, a hand came and clutched his throat. Before he could say anything, Travis pulled his throat out.

"At least they're decent. They said they wouldn't touch my family. I'll still kill them though," he thought.

He watched as the man fell to the ground, bleeding out. He stepped on the windowsill and stared at the people outside. He leaped off and landed right in the middle of everyone.

"You're Travis. It seems you're not just a normal boy. Maybe this is why Madam President wanted you dead. Do not fret, I'll give you a painless death. Just follow us before we cause a scene," said Nikolia.

He nodded. They tied him up and pulled him into the van. They then blindfolded him.

"What happened to my man?" he asked.

"Dead. I need to get back home and clean up the mess before anyone finds out," he said.

Nikolia, who was sitting beside Travis, laughed. He then smacked Travis in the head with a pistol.

"Do not joke about my man's life like that," he said menacingly.

Travis smirked and turned towards him. It hurt like hell, but all those exercises were way worse compared to this.

"Or what?" he asked.

Nikolia signaled to the driver to stop the car. He pushed Travis out, and he fell to the cold, hard ground. He got up and faced them without any fear on his face.

"You die."

Nikolia pulled his gun out and shot Travis in the leg.

He winced in pure pain. A searing burst of agony tore through Travis as the bullet found its mark in his upper leg. The intense pain radiated like wildfire, engulfing his senses in a maelstrom of torment. His breath caught in his throat, the shock of the gunshot amplifying the throbbing ache that pulsed with each beat of his heart.

'Fuck, this hurts like a bitch,' he thought.

"But before that, I want to play with you," he said. He told his men to go out. They all carried metal bats and surrounded Travis.

"Beat him till he is near death."

They ran towards Travis and began swinging the bats, left and right. Each bat hit Travis. In the oppressive silence of the highway, no cars drove by, as this road was blocked.

Travis absorbed the brutal onslaught with stoic resilience. His body absorbed the harsh blows of the metal bat without a whimper, a testament to a profound internal fortitude. Each strike resonated through him, a symphony of pain playing out on the canvas of his battered form. The cold determination not to break, not to betray any sign of weakness, held him in a grim, almost surreal stillness. Blood marked his features like a gruesome mask, but his silence was resolute, a profound defiance against the tormentors. In the face of brutality, Travis clung to silent strength, a survivor's resolve etched into the very fiber of his being.

Nikolia watched this and laughed.

"Stop," he said to his men. He got off the van and walked towards Travis.

"You've been shot, beaten, yet you do not cry out in pain. Are you some kind of monster? I like you, so sad that I have to kill you. You'd make a good subordinate."

He signaled his men. One of them ran into the car and took out a shotgun.

"I love America. So easy to get good guns," he said as he cocked it.

Before he shot it, Travis saw the template image in front of his face.

[Yugiro Hanma Template: 15%

Due to the immense pain and damage your body has gone through, you have surpassed your limits in that area along with everything else.]

'Hmm, about damn time,' he thought.

He felt the gun barrel on his forehead, feeling its cold metal, enough to make him shiver a bit.

"I'm not done," he said. He got to his feet and kicked the gun away. Nikolia stepped back, startled by Travis's fast movements. But before he could move further, a rushing side kick with Travis's left leg came flying towards him and hit himright in the head. He landed on his right leg and didn't even stop for a second as he rushed towards the next person. He leaped high and kicked a man with both his legs, the power from his kick broke his nose and a fraction of his skull. Travis then did a backflip and landed on the ground.

The men were now panicking but still saw an advantage, so they rushed Travis with their bats. The first one swung his bat, and Travis raised his head and kicked him on his chin, sending him flying. He then lowered it and kicked one of the men in the back with the heel of his foot. Each kick had enough power to break a boulder, so there were zero chances for any of the survivors.

He then felt a bat hit him right on his head.

*Ping*

"I got hi..." He stopped speaking as he felt three kicks hit all around his body, sending him flying back. Travis couldn't see, so he could only listen.

'He does see, but he can definitely hear us. I hope everyone understands that,' he thought. He looked at his group and saw them standing still.

He sighed in relief as he opened his eye. He saw Travis's leg inches away from his. Just like that, Travis kicked him in the face, cracking his neck and turning his head around, instantly killing him.

"Aha," he heard someone scream, so he went towards him. The man tried to run, but a kick came flying right at his back, breaking his spine and sending him to the ground. Travis then stepped on his head, crushing it beneath his feet.

"Get the guns!" Nikolia shouted. He had managed to survive Travis's kick. The men did as he said, running to the car and getting the guns. They cocked them and got ready to fire, but Travis was nowhere in sight.

Suddenly, they tripped and fell to the ground. One by one, Travis squashed their heads with his feet.

'Only one left.'

He heard Nikolia running away, so Travis began his hunt.

TO BE CONTINUED

[Imma be honest. I'm losing my will to write.] A