29. Play with us

"what are you doing?"

Aerin froze.

She was standing with her back facing whoever this person was, with that gun still in her hand. She wasn't daring to move even a bit because of how startled she got.

She clutched on the gun tightly and carefully, and turned towards the voice.

Suddenly, the person turned on the brighter light of the kitchen and now ezz got a clear look of the person's face.

"What are you doing here at midnight?"

At first, the person didn't see what she was gripping in her hands. So she replied- 

"Uh, i was here for snacks, jungkook"

He looked at her with his slightly sleepy eyes. He was wearing a white full sleeves tshirt and a pair of black trousers, his dark hair was slightly diheveled.

"Its so late-"

He stopped in the middle with his mouth still slightly open. He took a good look at ezz's face and then flicked his eyes straight to her hands. His eyes slightly darkened, which got unnoticed by Aerin.

Aerin was sweating under his gaze as no words were exchanged for some seconds. But then, JungKook finally spoke up.

"Why do you have that in your hands, Aerin", He asked in a menancingly calm voice. His face was blank, void of any emotions.

At first, ezz trembled. But then she gathered up all her courage. "may I  know why do we have a fucking gun in our mansion?!," she glared at him despite being scared from inside.

He took slow steps towards her. As he pushed his hand forward in an attempt to gently grab the gun from her hands. He quietly wrapped his fingers around the heavy metal and took it from her grasp.

"Hm!" He hummed as he glanced behind her, gazing a bit at the secret drawer.

"We own such a big mansion, have lot of money. Isn't it obvious enough that we have a gun for self defence. Who knows who might decide to suddenly mob us or something." He said as he stared at the gun in his hands.

Oh--

Makes sense--

Aerin thought his words through. It does makes sense. Afterall there's a lot of threat when you own this much money. Her mind shut down the moment she saw the gun. All kinds of negative thoughts crossed her mind. So she didn't think of the possibility of it being there for self defence or something.

"Uhm, i see, i guess" she muttered quietly, gazing at the dark haired man's feet.

JungKook looked at her quietly, as if trying to find any kind of doubt left in her. She hurriedly grabbed the snacks and glanced one last time at jungkook. She was just about to move when he spoke again.

"Hey there little lady!," she stopped hearing his voice. He took a pause and sneaked his hand to her head and gently ruffled her hair, other hand still grabbing the gun and hanging by his side.

"You should stop being such a curious Little cat. And the next time you try to be sneaky here and there........be careful" he pulled his hand back and she just blankly looked at him, and nodded.

She moved towards the exit of the kitchen. Peeking one last time at the young man as he slipped the gun back in the drawer and pushed it close, she went to her room.

__

It was morning. Aerin climbed down the stairs as she yawned. She was still wearing her loose night fit. A black t-shirt with a pair of white shirts. She ruffled her messy hair before sitting down on the table for breakfast.