Chapter 18 part 2

It was the first time Nimbus had demonstrated his capability, and Lonios didn't know how to express his joy at his pupil's performance. Now, Sir Adon seemed to be trying to take that away from him. It wouldn't be so easy; Nimbus was far superior to an ordinary soldier.

— Of course, he is ready. — Lonios replied, furrowing his brow slightly. The old Adon's smile was not a good sign.

— So be it, then. — Sir Adon gave a sly smile and shouted, "BOAGRIUS."

Immediately, a man over two meters tall, with a chest almost the width of two men, arms and legs as broad as Nimbus's chest, dropped the weights he was lifting and headed toward Sir Adon.

— Yes, Commander. — He reported, standing at attention.

— Boagrius, give a lesson to Sir Lonios's boy here; he needs to learn some manners.

The three soldiers left the platform, the less injured one helped the one who had taken a kick to get up, and the other walked away with a bloody mouth. Valeros, with a stern expression, just watched them as they left.

Boagrius climbed onto the platform, and Nimbus initially felt intimidated but then expressed a malicious smile, preparing for the fight. From what Lonios knew of him, he had an idea of how to handle the giant, and that wasn't good. So, Lonios decided to speak.

— Nimbus, remember what I told you. — The boy looked at him and nodded.

Boagrius walked toward Nimbus and attacked. He was big and slow, and the squire had no difficulty dodging. Another strike, and the boy evaded again. Then, the giant attacked, quickly changing the direction of his strike, forcing Nimbus to defend. The blow was so violent that the squire's sword almost slipped from his hands. Another hit, another defense. Once again, Nimbus lost his balance. Finally, the giant unleashed one last strike. This time, he hit Nimbus's sword, and taking advantage of the force of the blow, Nimbus spun his body. The spin was so fast that when he returned to the original position, Boagrius was still swinging his sword. In this single movement, Nimbus hit the man's hand, causing him to drop the weapon, leaving him at the mercy of Nimbus's blade aimed at his throat. This time, Nimbus took care to avoid the full force of the blow and not break the giant's hand.

— Good job, Nimbus. — Lonios praised.

Sir Adon, judging by his incredulous expression, apparently didn't like what he saw, and not without reason. A teenager had defeated a significant portion of his contingent in just a few moves. After a few introspective moments, the old knight smiled.

— Sir Lonios, it's not fair. A squire who has been training since early childhood facing soldiers who train once a week and picked up a sword for the first time in adulthood. How about trying some moves against Valeros? He probably has been training for about the same time as your lad.

Lonios didn't like the idea. Adon had confessed that Valeros surpassed him in combat when they entered the gym. It wouldn't be a good idea to pose such a challenge to Nimbus, who had been training for only three months. But he couldn't refuse such a challenge; otherwise, they would be branded as cowards by the crew.

— I accept, just give me some time to instruct Nimbus. — Lonios called his squire with a nod, and he promptly approached.

Almost immediately, Ari, the boy Nimbus didn't like, ran out of the gym door.

— SQUIRE'S FIGHT, SQUIRE'S FIGHT, COME SEE, COME... — Lonios heard him shout as he exited through the door. In a few minutes, the entire ship would know about the fight. Nimbus was right not to like that boy.

 Nimbus was right not to like that boy