Epilogue

Sir Nimbus...

According to the records Jim had seen on the Pirate Lord's desk, they were privateers from some nation, hired to steal cargo and cause trouble for the nations trading with the Dark Ether Port, or perhaps some enemy, he couldn't say. With his navigation skills, Jim was also able to guide the two ships to the Zaratan monster that served as an island for the pirates. Despite the creature constantly moving, based on the notes of the captain of the pirate ship they were on, they arrived there without any further problems. They manned the Brand again with part of the Peregrino's crew, as well as the pirate ship they captured.

Not bad, they left Cenferum with two ships and were returning with all the ships that had been stolen by the pirates and a moving island. The Cenferum ships and several unmanned pirate ships were on the other end of the island, and the Cenferum crews were imprisoned in adjacent caves similar to the ones they had been trapped in. They had also suffered heavy losses when captured but made an extra effort, working double shifts to pilot the ships even at reduced speed towards home.

Ari had become a problem, wanting to reassume his position as Engineering commander, but Elisis did not allow it. They even had to incarcerate the boy because he started causing serious problems to the ship's generators for the fun of it.

Jim had also discovered on the island how to control the Zaratan. Although the creature was too slow and it would take a long time to reach Cenferum, the island would arrive in the country about a month after the expedition's arrival. Some ships had to be left anchored to the monster so their crews could create some garrisons to ensure the journey's security, and now they were heading back to their continent with all the pirates imprisoned in the same caves where they had been held, but without any more unnecessary deaths by order of the newest knight, officer, and second in command of the Brand, Sir Nimbus.

Days later.

At that moment, Nimbus stood at the bow of the Brand fearlessly observing the ether sea before him. He carefully examined the ring given to him by his master, the legendary knight Sir Lonios Drago, with the mission to take it to Victórius and recount his story to the rulers there. He still didn't know how to do that, but one thing was certain: someday he would fulfill his promise because that's what knights do.

— Sir Nimbus — one of the soldiers interrupted him. — Here is your lance, my lord. — He handed over the retractable spear, designed to destroy ether monsters, which would be thrust into the various brains these creatures possessed.

— Let's go, my lord, head in the clouds — Valeros called Nimbus, even though he only had his injured hand; he held the lance confidently.

— Sir Nimbus, we have an ether monster to defeat — Elisis also called her second in command. — Sir Flavius and Portos are already on the creature, and the knights from the other ships are in position as well.

With a smile on his lips, Nimbus looked through the window. Jim was smiling at him from the navigator's chair on the Brand's bridge, along with now-Lieutenant Nicolas Pavel, Lieutenant Wenre Nyota, Lieutenant Ka Hikaru, Doctors Henry, Leonardo, and Nurse Cristiane who were all watching them through the window. Everyone was smiling at Nimbus. He then turned, ran, and leaped onto the ether monster armed with his lance.

THE END