Chapter 37 Part 4

Finally, they approached the Pirate Lord, who was with four bodyguards. When they spotted them, the guards fired, but Lonios repelled the four arrows in mid-air. This, he hadn't taught him. He was probably using the Curse of Time. Could he do that too? And without saying a word, he eliminated two pirates who dropped their bows and came towards him. Swift and precise strikes, too fast for the enemies to react.

Two enemies remained. One attacked Nimbus, who began to duel with the enemy. He was really good, parrying most of Nimbus's blows. At this point, Lonios had already defeated his opponent. Nimbus defended against a few more blows when the red blade of a sword emerged from the back of the enemy.

— This is no time to play, Nimbus. — Lonios appeared from behind the impaled pirate.

— Sorry, Master. I'll try harder. — The truth was that Nimbus didn't want to kill anyone, although he probably had already, even unintentionally, in the fight on the Brand's deck.

Now they were face to face with the Pirate Lord, and he didn't seem concerned at all.

— Don't hold back. — Lonios whispered to his student, who was by his side watching the pirate leader. Nimbus just nodded in agreement.

— I see the great knight decided to organize an assault against us. Give up; we have four of us against one of you.

— Pirates have no honor, only fight for you, out of fear. They'll run scared when I take your head to the center of the battle.

— Well, well, well, that's too much; it seems you've become brave all of a sudden. I love that. But I love it even more when that courage of yours disappears as I cut you into pieces, bit by bit. — The Pirate Lord unsheathed his large and square sword, with only the cutting edge made of Diamond Steel.

Lonios charged at him and was repelled by a very fast blow that made him take a few steps back, and the pirate laughed.

— That's the face I was talking about — the pirate referred to Lonios' look of astonishment when he took a step back.

— As I thought, he's abnormally fast, can dodge my blows even when I use the Curse of Vision — he looked at his apprentice. — Nimbus, we'll have to do this together.

Despite the boy being surprised to see his master enter the Curse of Vision mode and leave so quickly, he wasn't amazed; he certainly knew a lot about controlling that, unlike him, who didn't even know how to activate that power, even continuously. This time, both of them went for the pirate, who parried Lonios' blow and dodged Nimbus, kicking him and making him fall to the ground. At that moment, he remembered the fight he had against Sir Ahbran; he had done exactly the same thing. It wasn't something he was used to dealing with. Nimbus got up and engaged in combat again. Despite fighting against two enemies, the Pirate Lord was handling it quite easily, dodging one's blow and parrying the other's.

— Well, well, well, I'm seeing something that pleased me a lot. Your sword isn't even scratched by mine, which means it's made of Diamond Steel.

— I see you've noticed now that you have no advantage against us; you can't defeat a knight using a strategy he has already seen you use — this time Lonios smiled.

— Quite the opposite. That makes me very happy because it means you're carrying my new sword — the pirate smiled back at Lonios, who ran towards him, making the two blades spark as they clashed.

Nimbus tried to get closer, but the enemy pushed Lonios away and defended his blow.

— How many seconds can you see into the future? Three or four? — Lonios asked.