Capítulo 24

Betrayal...

Nimbus was amazed by the arrival at the port of Ether Shadow. He had never been to such an incredible place before. It was so well-organized, unlike Cenferum, where the port was just a wooden structure where ships docked. Here, it was something planned, made of stone, and the number of ships docked was incredible—dozens of them. Jim was narrating the history of each one of them. It was indeed a lot of information for a single day, and Nimbus was already feeling confused when they received an order from Sir Lonios.

— Well, boys, I think we'll have to go down. I have many tasks, and you can't stay here.

Nimbus agreed, but Jim was disappointed, asking to stay just a little longer.

— I'm sorry, but we can't stay here. You'll have today and tomorrow to explore everything. The ship's exit will be allowed shortly, but be careful.

Jim agreed, and the two went away.

Nimbus began looking for Valeros, who was with them just a few minutes ago, but it seemed like he had disappeared. In recent weeks, he had become close to him and Jim, and now they considered him a great friend and a knowledgeable person. The three talked about things they wouldn't dare discuss with their masters, like girls, jokes, and nonsense. Lonios didn't seem to mind much because he himself spent a lot of time with Sir Adon, and his responsibilities had increased because Elisis was injured and couldn't fulfill her tasks completely.

During her recovery, she devoted herself to training Nimbus to use the bow, but he was a disaster. Now he could at least hit the target. Walking down the corridor, they reached the access where the knights slept, and passing her cabin, Nimbus thought about stopping and chatting, sharing his excitement about arriving at Ether Shadow, but he didn't have the courage to do so.

— Nimbus, Nimbus? — Jim asked.

— What?

— I was asking if you want to go see the ships up close tomorrow morning! Let's go?

— Oh, sorry, I was lost in my thoughts. Sure, wake me up, and let's go.

— Thinking about the girl again?

Nimbus just stayed quiet and didn't respond.

— Man, I've told you, instead of staying there: Ohhh, does she like me; What is she doing now; Will she be there, it would be better if you went there and told her you like her.

— You've told me that several times, but I don't have the courage! — Nimbus stayed quiet, thoughtful for a moment, and then said. — But you've never been in a situation like this, how can you keep giving me advice like that? I just find it, as the wise man used to say: "If advice were good, it would be sold, not given." — Jim smiled. — Besides, I can't afford to get involved with someone. First, my goals, then love.

Nimbus remembered that he hadn't decided what his goal would be, and according to his friend: "For someone who doesn't know where to go, any place will do, and you might not like that place." At that moment, he heard his master's voice, as if he knew he was thinking about him at that moment.

— Boys! Boys! Wait up. — When they stopped, Lonios came briskly towards them. — Get ready because we're heading for a night out in the famous bars of Ether Shadow.

— Wow, that's great! — Jim was very excited about the news. Ether Shadow was one of the largest cities in the world and, consequently, had the best entertainment options.

Nimbus just stayed quiet. Lonios had never shown so much enthusiasm to visit a bar before. In Cenferum, they had never even entered a city other than Aldair and the Capital. At most, they went to a bar. It was strange for him to make this proposal.