Chapter 37 Part 5

The pirate laughed and lunged at Lonios, who defended his blow at the last moment, extremely fast movements; when Nimbus saw it, he was over his master and laughing again.

— I see you've recognized me, but you're not a stranger to me; a man from Victórius, with a sword with a dragon's head carved on the hilt, you're one of the Drago from the capital. They say it's an honor to fight one of you, but I don't think so; the Ofidi don't feel honored to fight against your kind. Remember my name well, Drago; I'm also a knight. I'm Sir Masson Ofidi; tell the hell the name of the one who killed you. — He lunged at Lonios again, who defended the blow.

This declaration that the Drago were known left Nimbus confused; how could it be an honor to fight against a Drago? Lonios would have to tell him this story when all this was over.

— I think it's time for you to tell me the whole truth, master — Nimbus whispered as he approached Lonios.

— I think so too, but not here and not now; let's focus on defeating this Ofidi. They are one of the most powerful families and also the most treacherous — Lonios defended himself from another blow from the enemy. — The Ofidi can see glimpses of the future, Nimbus, not a distant future, only the next two to five seconds; the longer the Ofidi sees into the future, the more powerful he becomes.

— But how is that possible? — Nimbus asked as Lonios defended him from an attack by the enemy.

— The Ofidi owe their powers to ophidophilia; from infancy, babies receive tiny doses of venom from a snake from the ether — Lonios attacked the enemy this time, making it clear that it was just a move to keep him busy. — This venom causes strong hallucinations, and most children don't survive more than two years old, but those who do survive develop the power to see glimpses of the future.

— That's horrible! — Nimbus exclaimed, appalled. — Killing children for some to have powers, that's cruel!

— Cruel? — the pirate laughed. — Our families have many children, but changing the subject, when will you stop talking and just die already? — Masson showed that he was paying attention to what the two were talking about, even though they were speaking softly, and now he seemed very irritated. Lonios ignored him. — Don't ignore me, you idiots! — The pirate jumped again towards the two and once again stopped at Lonios's defense; undoubtedly, the knight was using his power.

— I'm explaining all this to you so that you understand what I'm going to propose now. These Ofidi are not many, but they are extremely dangerous on the battlefield. The only way to defeat one is by attacking from all sides, eliminating all possibilities of escaping a blow; otherwise, they can never be harmed unless they allow it, as in Valeros's case.

— Understood, so how are we going to do this?

— We must always attack them simultaneously and from opposite directions. Let's go! — Lonios positioned himself next to the pirate while Nimbus stood on the other side.

— I see that now you're going to attack me from behind; that's not very knightly.