prologue

February 18th of 1997

A little girl was found at the border of Camp.

Dionysus and Chiron were on watch, given that it was dawn and the campers weren't awake yet.

Dionysus was sitting in a log and Chiron stood at his side in silence, when they heard a high-pitched sound. Their senses sharpened as they got up and walked towards it, weapons in hand.

As they got near the place where the sound came from, they could see a body laying in the ground.

Dionysus put away his sword and kneeled down next to the little girl in the grass. He shook her shoulder and after a minute the girl started to wake up.

Her black hair reached her waist and it was full of dirt and leaves, she couldn't be more than five years old.

She slowly opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was the God of Wine. Fear was shown in her eyes as she backed away from him, her green eyes never leaving him.

"It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you" he said softly showing his hands in the air. The girl frowned at him and blinked several times.

"What's your name girl?" He asked inspecting her. She was wearing a grayish dress that was once white it barely reached her knees, which was weird because they were in winter, and was bare feet.

The girl tilted her head and looked him up and down, scanning every part of his body with a frown.

"Are you alone?" He asked her and she stared at his dark eyes, he could tell that she was listening so he waited for a reply, but never came.
"How did you get here?"

"I think it would be wise to take her to the infirmary" Chiron said from behind.

Dionysus looked the girl up and down before standing again. He took a step and the girl backed away again.

He smiled in what he was hoping to be a reassuring way and offered his hand to her.

The girl glanced at the hand and at his face again unsure of what it meant, but her curiosity for this person was too big, so she took it slowly.

She got up and Dionysus guided her to Camp with Chiron in front of them. Only then the girl noticed the centaur, she tilted her head and smiled from ear to ear, she had never seen something like it before.

The God smiled a little at the sight of her smile, he kept walking with her at his right, holding her little hand in his.

A feeling took over the little girl's body and hurt her chest, unconsciously she looked back at where she had just been. Her eyes began to burn and something wet rolled down her cheek.

Something in her mind told her that she was missing something, but, it didn't matter how hard she tried, she couldn't remember what.