3-We Were Born To Be Suburban Legends

Please don't be ghost readers and make some comments  :)

In the forges is always hot and full of smoke. It's not the best place, but Liz liked it anyway. Half of Cabin 9 is always there, and it's her best friend' favorite place at camp.

Liz entered the forges and made her way through the campers who were building things, crashing metals, and wearing huge aprons and funny goggles. She had to say 'sorry' at least 3 times for getting in the way and almost got burn, but she made it to the table in the middle.

"Wazzup big bro?" She said jumping to the table and smiling to her brother.

"You need to stop hanging out a lot with the Stoll brothers, they're bad influence for you" Beckendorf said and plunged a little object to a bucket with water.

"They're not bad influence, and they're in my cabin so, I can't really avoid them" she said looking at the bucket trying to see the object "Wha you doin'?"

He took out the object and it was a little stick with a hole in the middle.

"It's for you" he said showing it to her.

"Aww, you didn't have to" she smiled at him and looked at the object in confusion. "What is it?"

He laughed and kept working.

"It's going to be a necklace. This is the inside part, in the outside I will put a stone, probably a moonstone since it's your favorite, and at the top will go a little metal" he showed her the design in a paper with some annotation "It will look as a normal necklace of a moonstone, but in the inside you can put things, to hide from everyone"

"I love it!" She exclaimed and grabbed the paper to see it closer. Beckendorf laughed and did his stuff. He knew she will like it because she loves having weird Jewelry. "Thank you Charlie"

She kissed his cheek and put the paper back in the table.

Beckendorf didn't like when people called him Charles or Charlie, but he didn't mind Liz calling him like that. She was his little sister, and he was her first friend. Beckendorf arrived 3 months after she did, and was the first person who she talked to. After that, they became inseparable.

"How was your archery class today?" He asked her and his cheeks turned red, which didn't go unnoticed by his sister.

"Not bad. I taught to shoot more than one arrow at the time" she explained and studied his face "She's good"

Beckendorf went more red and started hammering. Liz held back a laugh for the sake of her friend.

"When are you going to be a man and step up?" She told him out loud without worrying about being heard. Everyone there already knew about his crush and there was a lot of noise.

"Never"

Liz rolled her eyes and stared at her nails.

"You know, there's a rumor flying around" she started saying and Beckendorf stopped hammering "They say she likes someone, from Cabin 9"

He stood in silence for a moment and started working again.

"I also heard another rumor" he said and turned to face his sister. He whispered so no one would hear "Is it true?"

Liz look him in the eye and snorted.

"Doesn't seem very possible, does it?" She said. Beckendorf stared at her for a second and went back to his stuff.

If she didn't tell him, it's because she couldn't.

"Time will tell" he said

•——•——•🏛️•——•——•