10-But The Start Of An Age

Please don't be ghost readers and make some comments :)

The forest was beautiful, the trees were tall and you could hear the wind blowing through the branches. Liz walked through it looking at everything she could, trying to memorize every little detail.

She walked for half an hour in the forest and arrived at a little meadow full of white flowers. From there she could see a big part of the island, there were mountains to her left, one almost reached the clouds, and a mountain to her right closer to her.

She could see a river below her that seemed to reach the West Mountains, the mountains on her left. She wanted to go down to the river, but there was something about the mountain on her right that made her want to go there more.

It wasn't the highest mountain but the peak was different from the others. It looked like a peak of a volcano but it wasn't one, since the mountain was covered by a forest.

She decided to listen to her instinct, since they took her there, and started walking to the mountain.

Around fifteen minutes later she arrived at the foot of the mountain. She let her instincts guide her feet and walked through the forest to the top of the mountain.

After a while, she saw a tree marked with an X near the ground. She walked to the tree and touched it.

A little girl was holding a stone drawing an X on it and then ran away.

She took a deep breath at the memory and walked to where the little girl had. She saw other trees with the same mark but didn't stop.

After a couple of minutes, she arrived at a little clearing where there was a stone wall with a dark hole in it.

Liz walked slowly to it and saw that the hole was a tunnel that lead somewhere. She went inside and the darkness swallowed her.

She couldn't see where she was going, she heard the echo of her steps on the hard floor and her hands sliding down the wall of the path. It wasn't much longer until she started seeing a light at the end of it.

She arrived at a cave surrounded by stone. The cave was illuminated by a ray of light that came out of a hole in the ceiling, the open peak of the mountain. She followed the ray until it landed on a stone coffin in the middle of the cave.

Liz swallowed hard and walked slowly to it, she could hear her steps echoing through the cave. She arrived at the coffin and inspected it.

It was a little coffin made of stone where only a baby could fit. The lid was broken in three parts and one of them was in the floor, through the hole she could see a little white mattress and a little pillow that was sunken in the middle, for a head that rested there for thousands of years.

On the outside, on the left side, there was a phrase in Old Greek. Liz bent down and ran her fingers through it translating it.

"The seventh daughter of Kronos and Rhea shall remain trapped in a sleeping spell until her father awakens her. When he does, she must serve him, or suffer the spell again" she whispered and covered her mouth.

She closed her eyes and cried in silence. Now she understood why Kronos kept telling her that she had to obeyed to him and joined him, he cursed her to do so.

She looked at the curse carved in the stone with hatred and sadness.

"No! No!" She whispered shaking her head.

She didn't want to be his puppet. She didn't want to hurt her friends or her family. And she hated him for doing this to her.

She grabbed a stone of the size of her hand.