⟣Chapter 2

⟣•02•⟢
: SPIRIT ANIMAL

• • •
“There are 3 kinds of people in the empire, 9,999 out of 10,000 are ordinary people. 1 out of 10,000 are sentinels and guides, and the ratio of sentinel and guides is about 8:2.”

“Sentinels has a large and tall figure with well-developed five senses, and their fighting power is abnormal,” Xi Mu emphasized on the word ‘abnormal’. Their five senses are too developed. All the sounds, smells, and tastes are magnified in their senses countless times. Therefore, they can only eat the blandest food and wear the softest clothing.”

“Of course, after awakening, they will be sent to the White Tower to learn, learn to use spiritual power to build barriers. Then they will be able to live like ordinary people, but without a guide to help them do spiritual treatment, they will be prone to mental confusion if they are stimulated.”

“There, like him, for example.” Xi Mu stood at the door of 118, pointing to the tall man inside whose face was flushed, clutching his head and jumping up and down.

Xiào Mu looked inside. He felt that the man was in pain, and the urge to help him surged in his heart, just like seeing the patient in Ward 115. He couldn’t help but walk in quickly when a husky half of a human’s height suddenly sprang out from the inside of the bed. Xiào Mu took a step back in fright. The husky didn’t come to bite him, but rushed to the wall, and rubbing the corner of the wall with his tongue out. His big face was half flattened against the wall, unexpectedly cute/meng.

“This…” He was about to ask if it was illegal to bring pets to the ward.

Xi Mu patted Xiào Mu on the shoulder, “Tsk, so timid.” He walked around Xiào Mu and pointed at the patient, “Lie down.” He didn’t even glance at the wall, as if he hadn’t seen the dog.

The patient murmured, “You are too slow, ah ah ah, my head is going to burst…” he complained while lying on the bed, panting with his tongue out.

Xiào Mu endured a smile, “You are really like a dog.”

Xi Mu quickly injected the patient with a guide pheromone agent. The patient looked much more peaceful. He opened his eyes and looked at Xiào Mu.

“You can see my spirit animal?”

Xiào Mu puzzled, “Spirit animal?”

Xi Mu pointed to the patient, “Treat him for the physical injuries.”
Xiào Mu pointed the treatment device at the patient’s wound, and the patient stared at him tightly, making his heart feel itchy.

“Stop staring, he is an ordinary person.” Xi Mu broke the patient’s beautiful imagination.

After Xi Mu finished speaking, he folded his hands on his chest and looked at Xiào Mu. In his heart, he is thinking that even if it was a temporary part-time job, Xiào Mu has no common sense at all, which would affect the reputation of the hospital.

“Didn’t I explain about the sentinel to you before? Every sentinel and guide has a spirit animal, and only they can see each other’s spirit animal. Ordinary people can only see it through the quantum glass.”

“I’ll talk about guides again. Guides are emotionally sensitive, have strong empathy, and can feel the emotions of others. They can soothe sentinel’s irritable emotions, and can lead sentinel from zoning out state.”

Xi Mu raised his eyebrows, “Guide is usually slender and petite, just like you. They are usually difficult to see as all the awakened guides are in the Golden Tower. If you go out, you can see the tallest one in the center of Zone A, it’s a golden building.”